Good weather app

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by OLE RASPY, Oct 14, 2018.

1. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 6 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Glasgow Ky
    ive got noaa weather radar but it’s raining right now but app shows it’s done past it’s not a hard rain but it’s enough I’m not going yet. Now if it’s spring turkey I will don’t care but any other time I’m not. Been several times this app has screwed me up. Lol What app do some of y’all have? Soon has it breaks I’m hittin the woods coyote huntin.

2. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

I'm tuning in to this thread... I'd love to find something more accurate than what I have.

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    ive used weatherbug for several years.. I have not had any complaints, tells me all i need to know. i haven't researched any weather apps in years, there may be something a lot better if weatherbug doesn't suit you.

4. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    I use the national weather service mobile site for forecast discussion updates.
    Then I use the paid app radar scope for radar. It cost 10 bucks but, you get the data directly from the radar just like the TV stations do. You can see velocity and hail, etc etc.
    The reason you don't see drizzle on most of the radar apps is they filter out anything below about 10% dbz. Makes for a much prettier graphic. With radar scope you can set it to 5 or 0.

5. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 8 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    WKYT weather radar is my go to, I find it to be real time and very accurate, it is my go to radar when I see dark clouds coming

6. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    Waco
    I use Weather underground and have for years.

dabassking likes this.
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    National weather service recently changed the interface and they need to be kicked in the face for it! The older format was user friendly and told you all you need to know. If it ain’t broke...don’t fix it. The new “upgrade” is stroke worthy.

KYBOY likes this.
  8. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    I use a combination of AccuWeather, a Pro version of Radarscope and stormTracker from Lex18.

9. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I used weatherbug and got rid of it. Primarily because I could never get it to sound off on weather warning alerts. Probably it's because I'm dense and couldn't get it to do it, but I'm using Accuweather. Seems OK. Neither seem quite that accurate.

10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Yea we use it too and was very unhappy with the change