Got #2 this morning

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by turkeyhunter91, May 6, 2017.

1. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    I honestly wasn't expecting much gobbling this morning but I was surprised, there was 2 or 3 down in the holler gobbling there heads off. about 6:20 1 gobbles a lot closer so I peak out the side and see 2 in the field down below me. They was heading away so I called and here they came so I got ready. After not seeing them about 30 mins later I was starting to wonder where they had went. I peaked out the back of the blind and there stood a hen on top of the bank so I assumed she had met them and was taking them around me. All of a sudden I peak out the side window and see a tom heading straight to the decoys. I get my bow and he is walking straight away so I draw back and release unfortunately my arrow went just to the right of his head. I grab another arrow and nock it, the blind lights up green, so I knew I wouldn't be able to draw back with him looking and my nock glowing and by this time his is 33 yards away heading over the bank and I knew I didn't have time to get another arrow so I grabbed the shotgun, by this time he is almost out of sight but I had just enough time to get the dot on his head and the 20ga rolled him.He had an 11 in beard, had 1 1/8 and 1 in spurs and weighted 21 pound 5 ounces. I killed my 1st of the season with my bow this year and had several close calls with my bow, I didn't even start packing my shotgun till Thursday morning. The birds were very tough this year but it was still a great season.

Attached Files:

2. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    Congrats. Nice bird!

3. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Congrats! The backup shotgun was a good idea.

4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Good job sir!! You sound a lot like me. I usually have both the bow and shotgun with me. Be prepared!!! Anyway, great bird!!

5. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 10 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
  6. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    NICE! Killing one this late in the game is always a success bow or shotgun. Way to stick with it.

7. Wrangler

Wrangler 6 pointer

Apr 13, 2008
    Way to go,congrats on a nice one

8. JERRY MINOR JR.

JERRY MINOR JR. Fawn

Mar 31, 2010
    BOWLING GREEN
    Congratulations nice bird... I had the same here with the gobbling, it was crazy most I heard in one morning.. more then all season... Had two bird gobble all day long every 1-1.5hrs.. up til 530