got eeeeem

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Mainbeam, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    im tore up. carley just smoked her first gobbler at 6 steps. i worked him for 30 minutes and we are ecstatic!!!! pics shortly.

2. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Nice going Carley. Congrats.

3. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    Great job, congratulations

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Awesome! Send that pic!

5. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Great! Make sure to use the wide angle lens to get all the smile in one pic!

6. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    67E2DA61-B643-4323-B03B-F2FE8AD1DBED.jpeg Well i took me a little nap and when i woke up Carley Bell was playin on the turkey call and a gobbler fired off about 200 yards up the bottom. i said ohhhhh sweetie let your old popps take over from here cause its middle of afternoon and he got love on his mind. so give him a few of what i like to think of as professional cuts and yelps and he answered again.(sarcasm) well that ol gobbler comes down inside the woodline to about 60 yards and hangs up. i took you boys advice and had us two hens and a half strut jake bout 6 yards out the window. well ol carley kept saying daddy call to him he aint comin. i said easy grasshopper ol dad been in this shape before. i said we gotta wait . balls in his court now cause i knowed he could see them decoys. so idecided to give 3-4 very suddle purs and then he eased out there. we had picked the right window to put the gun out of .... or did we? that ol gobbler got to ten steps and i told her to lay the hammer down baby doll!!!! and bout that time that fool took off running and give that ol jake one them flyin ky ninja kicks. well hell !!! now our piece is out the wrong window. she cant get turned. so meanwhile this ol gobbler is just whippin the piss out of this jake. so i give a few purs and whispered a real dirty thought to him and he went straight into a strut and turned. i said quick get that gun in here and out that other window and she did.!!!! well he strutted around and i cut real big and loud and he stretched that ol head out and ol Carley Bell filled his gizzard full of number fives. she screamed out oh good lord daddy i got eeem( thread title) so daddy goes under the front of the blind in his socks to get the prize. now we get to share a little gobbler huntin rollbacks. this girl is tougher than anybody i know my son included. she sat until 6 last night and was back in the blind this morning and over the last two years has clean missed 4 gobblers. this morning i called two in her lap but the sun was in her eyes so we struck out again. this bird been a long time a coming and this was the best turkey hunt to date. i sure hope i get to share 50 more seasons with this chick cause just to be honest ... shes tough as hell whether it be in a deer stand or turkey blind and shes a heck of alot of fun. Super good bird had long sharp spurs but half his beard was gone from beard rot but we didnt care!!! congratulations Carley daddy loves ya

7. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    Congrats to the youngen. Great job to Daddy!

8. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    Well look at her smile .....Congrats on hanging in there. I started to see if I could get a reservation in that blind you showed a picture of yesterday with all those goodies you guys had in there.

9. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Congrats!!! Job well done. Nothing like it in my book. I cant wait till my oldest which is 8 kills her first turkey. She has 2 sisters that are 2 and 3 also that I hope to take hunting someday. This is what it is all about. My hat is off to her for sitting as long as you two did. All day hunts are hard on adults not to mention kids. She deserved this bird and made a memory im sure either of you will ever forget.

Mainbeam likes this.
  10. trapper perry

trapper perry 12 pointer

May 10, 2009
    Hell yea way to hang in there and get the job done

11. wv67

wv67 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Big congrats to both of ya , Nothing like daddy’s little girl going hunting mine has been with me since she was able to walk she’s gonna be 18 in a few months way to go

12. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Congrats to the both of you!

13. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Great job girl,I’m gonna tell you, at six steps you done great .Ive seen grown men, that couldn’t hold their composure ,to hit a bird that close.Looks like she almost took his head off

14. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Congrats to the young lady ... beautiful tom.