Got one of those can you hear me now call's

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Today so be aware they are at it again....phone rings and I answer to hear a beep on the other end like one you hear before you leave a message on a answering machine. Recording me I would say. First thing out of the gal's mouth is Can You Hear Me. I guess looking for a Yes. She didn't get one out of me. I ask her what she was calling about and how did she get my number. She said I signed up for a free shopping card back first of the month. I told her she could have it, she said she didn't want it.
    I went into my sick old man mode...told her she sounded pretty and ask what she was wearing. For some reason she hung up on me....LOL.

JR in KY likes this.
  2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
  3. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I love it when some dude with a heavy Indian accent says his name is Billy Joe or some other redneck sounding name.

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I enjoy actual telemarketing calls. Robo calls are no fun at all. They hang up too easy, plus it’s a robot. Cold callers from New York wanting to sell investment schemes are hands down the best. Love those guys.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Check out Tom Mabe on you tube. He is from Louisville an he pranks telemarketers

timer likes this.
  6. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    We were talking about Tom Mabe today at work. The homicide detective is priceless.

7. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    I love messing with them. Great entertainment. Really like the ones asking about me looking for a new career. Last one that called me asking about that I told them I wanted to learn to cook meth and work for the Mexican drug cartel. When they said that wasn’t ligit I told them I wanted to be a pimp and run a bunch of girls. They haven’t called back.

8. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I happened to be standing near Dad last week when his cell phone rang with an unknown caller. He handed the ringing phone to me.

Me: Hello
    Her: Hello, I'm Melissa and I'm calling to help you with your student loans.
    Me: You're a lying whore. (hangs up phone and hands it to dad)

Dad just shrugs and puts it back in his pocket, doesn't even bother to ask. My husband on the other hand had to ask. lol
    (Dad's in his 70's and has never had a student loan.)

EdLongshanks and Capttrae like this.
  9. bigbonner

bigbonner 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    This state no call list does not work . I get all kinds of calls
    Rachael from credit cards
    My computer needs fixing and so on.
    Then there is these charities asking for widowed police officers , fallen soldiers , hungry kids , kids with cancer , poor starved pets . They make you feel so sorry for these charities . But after a bit of conversation ( just to waste their time) we ask how much actually makes it into these charities hands and most is like 8% of the $ actually goes to where it helps . You ask them and by law they have to tell you.

10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I ask unthinkable questions :eek: after I play a long for a little bit and develop some rapport. I’m a loser who finds it extremely entertaining to waste their time. Especially while I’m driving. So fun.

Capttrae likes this.
  11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    There are apps that will filter these calls out but I’ve yet to try them.

12. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    I never get a live person anymore it is just a robo call anymore. I agree the no call list is a joke

Mayes

13. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I tell these guys that they are criminal and they will be going to Hell where Vishnu will be butt raping them every day. That one really sets them off.

Sometimes I tell them I just ate one of their cousins (many of them think cows are reincarnated relatives thus won't eat them) for dinner. They like that one too. LOL

Capttrae likes this.
  14. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    I get so %$^#@!& mad i cant see straight. i talk bad to em i mean like real real real bad. I was out there the other day in the heat workin and my phone rang some son of a gun wantin to talk about my car warranty. i literarally got violent there was words that was used that would make my grandmother faint.

15. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.

Yeah. I like the one's that tell me "I entered something"...a contest or requested information. BS I did...

Used to get calls from the Nigerian Prince Boo Boo De Blicky trying to give me millions of dollars. His "representative" stopped calling me when I told them to just take some of the money they were sending me to pay for any of the fees and take some of it for themselves as a commission. Send me the rest...

Mainbeam likes this.