Green painter’s tape.

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by jmo, Apr 14, 2019.

1. jmo

jmo 6 pointer

Apr 17, 2005
    Nicholasville
    Found out that green painter’s tape will work in a pinch to camo a shotgun. Probably blended in with the new foliage better than mossy oak stuff. Should have taken a black sharpie and broken it up a bit, but it looked pretty good as it was.

Genesis 27:3 and Madtrapper1969 like this.
  2. Great idea . Shouldn't leave a residue. Like you said, a sharpie in a couple dark colors would be sweet.

3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    First couple I killed years ago was with a regular old non camo 12 gauge. Heck you don’t need to camo a gun to get one.

JR PORTER and 1wildcatfan like this.
  4. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Ive never had a dead turkey complain about the color of the shotgun that killed him.

1wildcatfan and EdLongshanks like this.
  5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    how in the world did hunters kill turkeys without camo guns, red dot sights and $7 shells back in the day?

6. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I wonder sometimes. Lol. I have taken a bunch of turkeys and still no high priced shells or a red dot scope. Still bust em with the ole 835 open sights. Got a good one opening morning this year with it.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  7. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 8 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Maybe that's why we have a lot of turkeys today, they couldn't kill them off fast enough so the population exploded! hehehehhe!

1wildcatfan likes this.
  8. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 8 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Get a turkeys eyeview of any shotgun, what do you see? If you have it pointed in his direction he won't see much.

littlebear likes this.