Gun Glut

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by EC, Aug 1, 2017.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Sunday, July 30, 2017

Gun Glut

It's a buyer's market right now.

On this day last year, I was on my Facebook timeline touting a new de-contented Colt entry-level AR carbine with an MSRP in the low $700 range. Today, CDNN is selling brand new Colt LE6920's, pretty much the benchmark AR-pattern carbine, for $799.99 and throwing in a 30-round Pmag and some other stuff to sweeten the deal.

Walther is offering hundred dollar rebates on the PPQ and HK is throwing in bundles of magazines with new pistol purchases, meaning that in real terms you're getting a Walther or Heckler & Koch for the price of a base model G-lock.

Smith & Wesson is slashing prices and offering rebates. Shields are priced at impulse-buy levels these days.

Why is all this happening? Well, while most firearms companies are privately held and therefore inscrutable on matters fiscal, the goings-on at a few are public knowledge because they are publicly traded.

The news from American Outdoor Brands Corporation (neé Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation) tells a tale that is probably all too common in the industry right now: Shelves groaning under unsold inventory that was churned out in expectation of the mother of all gun panics following a Hillary Clinton victory.

[​IMG]

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2017/07/gun-glut.html

richief likes this.
  2. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Great deals are all around us, and that is a very good thing as every dolla counts. I spent quite a bit of money over the last few years getting my ammo stock piled up as to never worry about that aspect again. Doing so left limited funds for new boom-sticks, now with the election, this mess has dissipated to the point of some great deals to be had. This like in other years will at some point reverse course again, and all these great deals will once again be shattered. Now is the time to be seeking out the best deals your wallet an afford......There is an old saying, When no one is buying it is a sign that you should be.

3. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Yeah. The industry lost it's best salesman ever.

bdbrown66 and Powerstro284 like this.
  4. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Purchased the Colt M4 (Walther/Umarex) 22LR a while back from CDNN for $300. Free shipping available quite often also. Good thing 22 rounds are down somewhat.

5. Christian Rice

Christian Rice Fawn

May 15, 2017
    Owenton KY
    Yeah I just bought a Ruger American 30-06 for 299.99 comes with a sling from cdnn

inchr48 likes this.
  6. Regulator623

Regulator623 10 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    I bought a brand new S&W 9mm Shield for $244 including the $20 background check...and free shipping to boot...one hell of a deal.

7. GregDeer77

GregDeer77 6 pointer

Oct 22, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I have been looking at purchasing an AR...and have noticed the prices falling. Was looking at an Anderson on CDNN, for what I believe was around $450. I am new to AR's. Is this a quality gun for the price? Is there another brand that your would recommend over the Anderson? Specs aside, I like the idea of purchasing a gun that was manufactured in Boone County, KY.

8. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Yeah I noticed cdnn's Colt 6920's, what a great value, 1985 prices on those.
    Fun switch ones were about 1300. then. Almost wish i needed another ar.