Gun&Knife Show info please.... (ANTLERS)

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by RutNBuck, Jan 23, 2003.

1. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    i recently heard somewhere that there is going to be a Gun & Knife show in the area around louisville does anyone have any info on the dates, location?

also does anyone have any antlers they would part with to be made into knife handles....a local knife maker is making some VERY great looking custom knives he will trade a knife made out of your own antlers for a knife made just for you skinner, or if you perfer a smaller or larger he can fix you right up also makes sheaths for each knife out of tanned hide...these knives have been selling for upwards of $60-$100 i told him i would see if i can help him locate some..as he is running low

(*** also the antlers he perfers is a average size the bigger ones dont work very well**)

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may hunting a place to live"

2. Big58cal

Big58cal 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    KY
    Do a search on ebay. You can find any kind of antlers on there that you want. Anything from whitetails, moose, elk, caribou, etc.

3. Xtreme

Xtreme Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    I got a few, I used to make a few knives myself years ago. Tell your friend to shoot me an Email. I've always respected and admired a good knife maker. I probably should start back rather than peck on this dang computer[;)][:D]

4. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    There's one this weekend in Shepherdsville, south of Louisville. There was an ad in yesterday's CJ.

I've got a box full of 'horns' and might part with some for a good knife. Send me an email and we'll deal.

5. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    Ok guys thx for the replies i definetly will be emailing both of you
    he doesnt have a puter since he is an older folk....so i'll pass the the info onto him....

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may hunting a place to live"

6. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    I've got 10-15 racks(maybe more), I'd part with some for a purty knife!
    Shoot me an e-mail. I just passed one rack for a "dreamcatcher" made with a base of a whitetail rack!

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear