Help with hunting Ft.Campbell

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by HoytHuntress, Oct 12, 2003.

1. HoytHuntress

HoytHuntress Fawn

Oct 12, 2003
    Tennessee, USA.
    Hey guys, I am from Tennessee and am looking forward to hunting Ft.Campbell some this year. Does anyone know of a website or how I can prepare myself for that area? I plan to do archery only, so maybe a suggestion from you all might help out. Thanks a bunch !!!!

2. joekat46

joekat46 8 pointer

Jun 19, 2003
    North Port, Fl.
    Sorry you aren't getting any relies. I hunted Ft. Campbell hard this spring turkey season. The system there is hard to explain in writing. Your best bet is to make a trip on a Tuesday or Wednesday when hunting is not usually allowed just to check things out and have all the rules and procedures explained to you. The telephone system for area assignments will amaze you. With the 101st still in Iraq you should have a chance at good areas. Good luck. Be prepared to be frustrated at times with the system.

3. Scooter

Scooter Fawn

Oct 19, 2003
    Corryton, TN, USA.
    Here is a link to Ft.Campbell.I have been hunting up there but not in any "Archery" areas,just muzzleloader/shotgun.

Hope it helps.

http://www.geocities.com/ftcky101/

4. Scooter

Scooter Fawn

Oct 19, 2003
    Corryton, TN, USA.
    BTW, We have had Zero problems pulling area assignments.It has been very easy but as JoeKat mentioned you should go by there and see first hand how Area permits and assignments are handled.We usually get in everytime up there.
    After getting your base permit you can call on thursday and get an area assignment for sat to be sure your in.Its pretty simple after you do it the first time.
    [:)]

5. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Nancy, KY.
    Haven't hunted it in many years but we used to spend some time asking around until we could get a few tips from the local military folks being careful to look for someone who appeared to know what they were talking about and not someone just BSing. Since more areas are open right now, I would look for an area that had been closed for a while and had a history of little hunting over the last few years...preferably an area with good concentration of oak as acorns should be a main attraction right now.