Help with this cat?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by KYBourbonCountyMan, Feb 19, 2018.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    ....wearing nothing but the mandated blaze orange vest and cap. Truly a sight to behold.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    elkaholic and bondhu like this.
  2. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    It is warming up. Perfect going shirtless weather.

bondhu likes this.
  3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I'm wondering why they are worried about the goat :):):cool:

4. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Do you and your buddy have this cat on camera or is it just his camera?

muddhunter likes this.
  5. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    They’re fighting over betty

6. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 6 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Would his last name happen to be Pucket?

7. KYBourbonCountyMan

KYBourbonCountyMan Fawn

Feb 15, 2018
    Bourbon County
    You are an insensitive, mean, little man.

8. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    KBCM, you are going to keep on getting some grief over this. This is why. Over the years people have posted pictures of big cats on this forum and overwhelmingly those pics have been proven to have been taken in cat country. Not kentucky. Other folks have sworn on their mommas grave that they or their best buddy or someone that sold them a bologna sandwich down at the local food mart have seen a mountain lion while they were hunting,walking, driving or checking their pot patch. There is always some reason why they can’t capture a photo or let us see the photo they have seen. Then there is the guy that says he has a photo of a lion that happily posts up a picture of his mountain lion only for us to see a picture of a large house cat or a big bobcat. Point is that the people that are critical of the picture are critical due to history and common sense. I have no doubt that there can be a mountain lion from time to time running around here in Kentucky. But I think there are a heck of a lot more false alarms than there is actuall sightings. Before you invest too much more of your soul into this mountain lion I would check and see if your hunting pal ain’t pulling your leg. Get some more pics. Get some reference for the photo like other photos from same location showing a more common critter like a possum so you can compare backgrounds. Ask your buddy some critical questions like why the pic looks all wonky as opposed to every other trail cam photo you would see in the trail cam section of this forum. Just put some more evidence together before you get too tore up about these folks giving you a hard time. You may have a legit big cat roaming Betsy’s farm but history says that it’s more than likely someone goofing on you.

9. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    ^^^^sound advise also apply for bigfeet:) Also he may have moved on, sighting this morning north of the Sharpsburg dollar store:D

10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I would like be to hear how the live trapping attempt is going.

11. KYBourbonCountyMan

KYBourbonCountyMan Fawn

Feb 15, 2018
    Bourbon County
    Dave and I put together a live trap about 50 feet up the creek bed. Hoping a can of tuna will draw him in. Dave swears cats love tuna. Will let you know what I we find in the morning!

Bill

elkaholic likes this.
  12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Did you just take several smaller live traps from harbor freight and rig them together to form one large trap? :D

13. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    You should really give a fish sammich a try. I hear they work wonders!!

14. KYBourbonCountyMan

KYBourbonCountyMan Fawn

Feb 15, 2018
    Bourbon County
    We actually have one from a buddy of Dave’s that has been used for hogs. When I go down to check the traps I’ll take a picture and try to upload. Fingers crossed we get a cat tomorrow!

15. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I hear old Cougars smell like Tuna. I don't know tho.

drakeshooter and elkaholic like this.