Here's one for the books...A storm is comming so the ruler of the U.S. Virgin Islands takes guns

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Manhattan, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Manhattan

Manhattan 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2011
    London,KY.
    You just can't make this stuff up...If they loot it's O.K.

2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 10 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    They did the same thing in New Orleans during Katrina.

3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    No one is required to follow an unconstitutional order. Is the National Guard really going to shoot someone standing guard outside their house? I'd take my chances.

4. Manhattan

Manhattan 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2011
    London,KY.
    I mentioned this subject on another site and someone replied "They were only confiscating registered fire arms" in the Virgin Islands...The next time somebody asks me "Is that gun registered"? How do you register a gun in the state of Kentucky?

5. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    dont know how many people over the years tell me they would get a gun for protection but they dont want to go through the hassle of a license/registration/etc. When I tell them those thing dont exist, they look at me like I have two heads and think Im lying.

Marsh CallUser likes this.
  6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    It's crazy what people believe about guns. Saw someone on FB arguing with everyone about how the gov't has all these databases full of our info that can be used to confiscate guns. The funny part is that he really wasn't arguing that the gov't keeps records of all the 4473's, but was arguing things like if you buy a fishing license, they can assume you have a gun. What was really funny is that people basically cornered him into saying that because you have a SSN, you're in a database they can use to know who has guns.

7. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    A severe violation of the Constitution. This governor should be removed immediately for failing to comply with his oath.

8. wprebeck

wprebeck 10 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    FYI, try reading the Territorial Clause of the Constitution, and applicable case law. Then, post back here about how the BOR applies, along with any other Constitutional protections.

9. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Guns? What guns? I don't have no stinkin' guns... ;)

JR in KY likes this.
  10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Revised Organic Act of 1954

“Bill of Rights, section 3”

The following provisions of and amendments to the Constitution of the United States are hereby extended to the Virgin Islands to the extent that they have not been previously extended to that territory and shall have the same force and effect there as in the United States or in any State of the United States.

11. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town