Hog hunting in Henry or Oldham county

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Rob.Hunter, Feb 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rob.Hunter

Rob.Hunter Fawn

Feb 4, 2017
    Does anyone know of private farms seeking hunter get rid of some of their wild hogs? Henry, Oldham, or Bullit County areas specifically. Thanks!

2. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    I haven't heard any reports of any hogs in those counties, except maybe Henry, but it's been a few years since I think last heard anything about any there.

3. Rob.Hunter

Rob.Hunter Fawn

Feb 4, 2017
    Thank you!

4. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    I work with a guy that is from Henry and they have hogs on there farm.

5. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    I bet he's not letting others hunt them though, or has any pics of them.

6. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    He has had pics and has killed some during gun season. They just started showing up 2 years ago

7. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    Do a search for hogs on here. What you'll find are way more people who know "someone" who has hogs on their farm than you will people who have actually killed one in Ky.

I'm not saying there's not one running loose somewhere out there, just that the reports of wild hogs in Ky are greatly exaggerated. I don't know if it's because they're not here in abundance, or if they get quickly killed out in an area when they're found, or what, but you'd think with all the corn thrown out in November, trail cams would be full of pics of them and the deer hunting forum would have pics of all the hogs shot during the season. Heck, there's probably more pics of mt lions on game cams on here than hogs.

8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Fish and Wildlife is running two traps in Henry county that I know of at this time. They have been killing several hangs on the two farms that they were trapping. They recently moved one of the traps to a new farm. I have not talked to my friend there to see how many they have caught. They were up to over a hundred on the first two farms.

9. Rob.Hunter

Rob.Hunter Fawn

Feb 4, 2017
    Thank you . What are the possibilities of that farm owner allowing others to hunt on his farm?

10. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    I'd say Not good because he leases it with some of his buddies who hunt. Back in the fall he killed one with a bow while deer hunting. The way he talks they cover a lot of ground fast because they only see them like 2 or 3 times a year even when corn is out for the deer.

11. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I know a Farmer WELL that lives in Lockport. Complains all the time about the Hogs. The destruction they do and how many he sees. Said he sees them everyday rooting up his fields and crops. So I asked about hunting and getting rid of a few. Answer always NO DONT LET NOBODY HUNT. So his farm I understand but let the Hogs destroy his farm if he doesn't want something done about them. I seen about 15 one afternoon in his pasture.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  12. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    There's so many that it's all just "hush-hush", right?

13. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Same thing was done with deer several years ago ,deer are eating my garden up ,destroying my flowers,l just don't allow hunting .A lot of farmers have had bad experiences with a lot of people hunting on thier property.They just can't trust ,and the way some hunters treat and respect the owner and the property I can't blame them.The sad part is the hunter is the best way to control the numbers

14. Rob.Hunter

Rob.Hunter Fawn

Feb 4, 2017
    Thank you all for the comment thread.
    I would be willing get to compensate. But, it appears most farmers are protective of this fairly new game for put region. Only until the hogs started to be major issue like TX, farmers will allow more freely for others to hunt hogs on their property. Good day!

15. Rob.Hunter

Rob.Hunter Fawn

Feb 4, 2017
    ...spell check issue. "..I'll be willing to compensate...if that's legal."