Hog Hunting

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Trow56, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Trow56

Trow56 Fawn

Sep 22, 2002
    I read something about hog hunting in KY on state land but cant remember where it was does any one know where it is.[?]

Thanks Tim

2. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    close to dale hollow lake

3. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    CO's from the Dale Hollow area and other nearby counties told a friend of mine last week that the hogs are gone from those areas. They said that none had been taken or reported as being seen this deer season. They said there might still be a few around but they were way back in and hard to find if they were still around.

4. NorthGaHunter

NorthGaHunter Fawn

Nov 26, 2002
    Chatsworth, Ga, USA.
    Come to North ga . I can put you on some Hogs!!!

5. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    When do y'all hunt hogs in GA?
    I am in Chattanooga a lot and I would like trying that. How do you hunt them there?

6. Rainman

Rainman Fawn

Sep 15, 2002
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    we will be hunting hogs. in tenn. the last weekin in march.if anyone would like to go let me now.

7. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I would love to go. I just got back from Florida and decided that will be my next hunting trip, but hunting in tenn sounds alot better because it is closer to me. If you are looking for someone to tag along, let me know....sounds like a great time.

Matt Goetz

8. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rainman</i>
    <br />we will be hunting hogs. in tenn. the last weekin in march.if anyone would like to go let me now.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[:D] I went!!!

[​IMG]

What a great time, I hope to go again this year!

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

9. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    nice i would love to go also...

10. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by muzzy125acc</i>
    <br />nice i would love to go also...

C'mon and go, it's a blast! Them <i>hills</i> are a little rough[:D]
    but it's fun!

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

11. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    Boys I need to tell you now that Rainman hunts those things with a spear, and I'm not bullshitting you. So watch out.

12. Rainman

Rainman Fawn

Sep 15, 2002
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    Here is the information for the boar hunt:
    Dates: March 28-30, 2003
    Reservations through Rainman - contact him personally. Reservations have been made for 12 hunters.
    For more information - www.wildernesshuntinglodge.com or contact Rainman

13. RTC

RTC 6 pointer

Dec 31, 2002
    I have a pic of a wild hog on my farm in Metcalfe Co. Folks that have seen the pic say it is a Russian Boar. They say they are migrating north from Cumberland Co. Also there was an article in the local paper where a man from Park City (near Mammoth Cave) killed a Russian Boar in his back yard.

Good luck on the hunt!

14. ky_longbow

ky_longbow 6 pointer

Aug 22, 2002
    irvine, ky, USA.
    rainman, you got room for a couple of more?im very interested,maybe i can convince strutter to go also!shoot me an email!thanks

15. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Birdman</i>
    <br />
    Boys I need to tell you now that Rainman hunts those things with a spear, and I'm not bullshitting you. So watch out.

[:D]Yeah, He really does,..... He was gonna <i>poke</i> at my hog a year or so ago, and then......

Well nevermind, I'll let Rainman tell the story. I'll just say it was truly <b>priceless</b>.

Fred Bear