House guest.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by nock, Jan 4, 2018.

1. chadwimc

chadwimc 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    My grandma always said "...They'll land in your hair and build a nest. Stay away from them..."

barney likes this.
  2. forager

forager 6 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
  3. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    He didn’t much appreciate me waking him but I wasn’t going to just leave him on the wall. I got him in little cage. He just wanted to go back to sleep.

forager likes this.
  4. forager

forager 6 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    When a bat wakes up during dormancy, it burns calories that it can't replenish. Try to keep the cage as nearest to the place where it originally roosted. I hope everything works out in the best interests of all involved!

5. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 6 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Last bat got in my house I threw a bath towel over him and turned him loose outside. Course that was in the summer time. Maybe put him in another room and close the door, when it gets dark he'll probably start flying around, when that happens I knock'em down with the towel then cover him with the towel. No way would my wife let it stay in the house!

6. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    I caught it last night. Put it in a cage. Contacted F&W. He said it was a silver haired bat. Not real common to be wintering here. He wanted to know what county. And gave me a list of rehabilitators in KY. I contacted one and am dropping it off with her tonight.

baknblack, JR PORTER and forager like this.
  7. forager

forager 6 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Well done sir! You contributed an important piece of data to science and helped bolster the population!

nock likes this.
  8. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    That's good news Nock. Was afraid he might wind up on Barney's cheap eating thread. Lol

Powerstro284, forager, nock and 2 others like this.
  9. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    He's a lucky bat.
    He Better stay away from me.
    It might not end well for him.

barney likes this.
  10. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 Spike

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    I'm all about helping little critters, that's one houseguest that would be evicted