hunting after tagged out

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by mastinson, Nov 16, 2003.

1. mastinson

mastinson Fawn

Jun 19, 2003
    KY, USA.
    Hello all I tagged out opening day with a 8 point now im wanting to do some bobcat hunting and coyote hunting, I know the season is open but if the game warden sees me hes going to think im deer hunting. Can I legally hunt theses animals during deer season even though im tagged out also what do I tell the wardon when he wants to see my license and thinks im deer hunting?

2. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    I think you would have problems doing this. The Regs say, <i>COYOTE & WILD HOG Open statewide and year-round. When firearms are permitted for deer hunting, coyotes and wild hogs may be taken only by a legal deer hunter.
    </i>
    If you are tagged out, you are no longer a qualified legal deer hunter.

3. ez

ez 8 pointer

zone #1 permits unlimited deer as long as you have a tag .......go buy one and you will be legal.........ez

4. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
  5. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    You could also hunt with archery equipment for turkeys and doe deer in Zone 1's and 2 counties.

6. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    Bobcat hunting is not regulated the same as the coyotes and wild hogs. You can still legally bobcat hunt after being tagged out from deer. I had earlier assumed it was the same as coyote and hog hunting. Found out otherwise. Sorry this info is late.

From KDFWR Web Page -

BOBCAT November 10, 2003 – January 31, 2004

COYOTE & WILD HOG Open statewide and year-round. When firearms are permitted for deer hunting, coyotes and wild hogs may be taken only by a legal deer hunter.

[​IMG]

The Kentucky Conservation Officers' Association

7. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Don't forget, you must wear hunter orange clothing during any deer gun season, <u>even if your hunting something else </u>- i.e. -bobcat, rabbit,grouse, etc.[:)]

8. Congrats on tagging out

Michael

Salt River Fish Slayer

The Goose Slayer

9. ksp771

ksp771 10 pointer

I am in zone 1 I thought you can only take 1 antler deer and 1 doe?
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ez</i>
    <br />zone #1 permits unlimited deer as long as you have a tag .......go buy one and you will be legal.........ez
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

http://www.wrightsweaponsystems.com

10. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    ksp 1 antlered deer and unlimited antlerless deer providing you have the bonus tags for each

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may be hunting a place to live"

11. ksp771

ksp771 10 pointer

Great! thank you for the info.

http://www.wrightsweaponsystems.com