Hunting Turkey with a air rifle

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by hatsan125sniper, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 8 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Wait for the next Kentucky Afield call in show and ask Rufus what he thinks the chances are, also does Kentucky have a air gun hunting club, if not you should definitely start one up then go rally for the legal changes

hatsan125sniper likes this.
  2. Thank you bea thats a great idea . What station is that on ? Is it tv or radio ?

3. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 8 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Probably go to the Kentucky afield website and look for a show schedule, I usually watch it on KET

4. Thanks I found it 8 pm on Saturdays live .

5. Has anyone ever been Turkey hunting and watch a Fox carry a fawn across the field and you said to yourself If I had a gun that could use to kill Turkey and kill that fox and do it without scaring off the turkey Would you use it ? Well guess what you could if the F&W people would allow air guns to be used to take Turkey . 35765890_443072382771954_4901018964223590400_n.jpg

6. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    No. No you couldn't

EdLongshanks likes this.
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Fox hunting season does not run concurrent with spring turkey season nor are fawns generally born then....but who is counting

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    bondhu likes this.
  8. Turkey is from Dec 1-7 this year and fox is from nov14th to feb 28th . So you can kill fox during turkey season . because Dec is between Nov and Feb the last time I checked .

Yes deer are born around April and July But a 5 month a fawn can weigh around 50 pounds and thats small enough for a fox to take it down.

Ed go down to walmart and pick yourself up a copy of the KY hunting & trapping Guide So you will know What you can hunt and went you can hunt . What kind of hunter are you ? And please learn the months of the year.

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I can access the hunting guide from my phone. You might want to read the rules and regulations yourself. :rolleyes:Your pretzel logic is astounding. I’m seriously impressed.

10. Yes .Yes you can You can shoot a fox if your Turkey hunting Between Dec 1-7 this year . Because Fox season is between Nov and Feb . I think you and Ed are not very smart people at all and probably should not be allowed to have a gun or hunt in KY just for the safety of other's .

Let me ask you 2 this do you normally so hunting in the woods not knowing whats in season and whats not ?

EdLongshanks likes this.
  11. And what does the phone tell you about Turkey and fox seasons ? I'm I right or am I wrong ?

12. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    How many fawns do you see between Dec 1-7? You sure me and ol Ed are the ones that aren't very smart here?

Feedman and EdLongshanks like this.
  13. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Have you ever been turkey hunting and watched two Sasquatch playing basketball with a armadillo and thought to yourself, man ide like to play, well if ky would legalize marijuana then it could happen.

14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    This thread has potential

Feedman likes this.
  15. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    I see it going places.
    Can we legalize spring fox season while we're at it? I always find dens full of little ones in and around barns that time of year. It'd be a good opportunity to to thin out those dirty fawn killers! Nip it in the bud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.