I was cut-off on a phone call to my Sister!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by davers, May 4, 2019.

1. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Don't know how many of you folks use Windstream as your provider for internet or phone service; but I have unlimited long distance phone service since I signed on to them. Yesterday afternoon around 4:30 EDT I placed a call to my Sister in Florida, was talking with her for around 45 minutes and was suddenly cut-off. This has never happened before and my land phone is working fine, but she called back and said she could hear me but I couldn't hear her, after the cut-off occurred. Just wonder if this has anything to do with a new policy of theirs only allowing a certain amount of time per call, as I never received notice they were starting this. I know they are currently in Chapter 11, per their letter, but they also say that no service has or will be changed. They also mentioned they receive 1.4 million new subscribers per month (!) Also, my monthly subscription fee keeps going up!! Wish I could use another provider, but except for them, I have no option other than Hughes Net, which is satellite internet, and I don't want another satellite dish in my yard. Anyone have a suggestion for internet service in a rural area?

2. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Using a smart phone?

Some smart phones have a problem (not really a problem) if you hold them a certain way or touch the screen in a certain spot it puts the person you are talking to on hold or something like that , they can't hear you but you can hear them. I do it on my Droid turbo all the time it's aggravating. It usually happens to me when I hold my phone between my cheek and shoulder (hands free) This may or not be what happened just throwing it out there.

3. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    No, I don't own a smart phone. I was using a cordless phone, and this "cut-off" has never happen until yesterday.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Battery

5. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    Windstream likely uses voice over IP to transport the voice calls instead of the traditional telephone network. One way talk paths and audio drop outs are fairly common glitches with VoIP if the network isn't great. I wouldn't worry it. doubtful that they did a timed disconnect

davers likes this.
  6. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Man. I drop calls all the time. Local and long distance. It happens. Call them back and start talking again.

davers likes this.
  7. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    The battery are fine. <Thanks>