idiot driver rant

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Sep 28, 2018.

1. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Been driving like an old man for years,...Fine by me if we governed all the cars down to 55mph. I could give a sh!t. It aint me I'm worried about,...it's all them other idiots out there like the champ we're talking about here. Buncha wanna be Earnhardt's.

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I see young kids pass on a yellow line almost everytime we go to town early. Most are farm kids driving pickup's to school and I guess running late. Funny thing is when you first hit town there is a redlight. 90% of the time you will pull up behind or beside them at that light.

3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Agree on the aggressive driving.

Disagree on gettin in line. At least when it comes to a zipper merge. That means two lanes in traffic merge into one like a zipper. It does not mean get in line in the through lane a 2 miles from the merge. See it every day on the 275W to 75/71S in NKY, and always get in the non-thru lane, pass 75 cars, then find a suitable spot to merge when you’re supposed to with out cutting somone off.

yote hunter likes this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Bet most of those kids are driving coal spewing Diesels too.. (also one of my pet peeves.)

5. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

I'm talking about 200 feet not 2 miles, when the dotted lines between lanes goes away so should the passing.

6. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I agree. Just making a generalization as 9/10 of the drivers don’t have a clue how it’s supposed to work. Instead they pile up in the “thru” lane like lemmings headed for the cliff.

carnivore and ojibwa62 like this.
  7. I like the advice once given me in Germany. Drive fast where you can and slow where you must. If it is daylight, dry and clear, go as fast as you are comfortable and safe going. If it is raining, snowing, foggy, slow down. It is shocking how thin that veil of "Control" really is and how quickly you can lose it. Don't speed in town or thru a school zone. If somebody is going faster than you and you can safely do so, move over and let them be your "Bear Bait".

And for good measure get the Hell out of the fast lane please if you are not actively passing others. I have owned cars that felt dangerous at 70mph and others that were quite comfortable at speeds well above that.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  8. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Before I retired we call people who drive like that job security. Scrapped up a bunch of them in shovels and put in body bags.

9. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

Scrapping them up doesnt bother me, they earned it. Scrapping me or somebody else up who drives like they have sense does.

10. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    And PLEASE turn your damn headlights on when it's raining or foggy or any other low visibility, just because you can see doesn't mean I can see you!

11. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    Nobody respects the speed limits anymore. I hardly ever see the law anywhere. It's a shame you can't report license plate numbers.

12. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Since the Cubs lost and I’m feeling salty........

People who can’t see beyond their hood. Your doing 70, you should be watching 12 car lengths ahead or more. It’s quite clear at least half the people on the road don’t do this. In pilot terms it’s called thinking ahead of the airplane. Yes it drives my wife crazy when I point it out.

People who obviously missed the 3 previous exit signs, and then try and get across 3 lanes when they suddenly see the last one.

18 wheelers who occupy the right three lanes of a 4 lane highway without moving. Yes I have a CB and have given some my thoughts on this.

Also 18 wheelers who use their weight to bully you out of position so they can change lanes. See the CB note above.

I’ll think of more.....

yote hunter likes this.
  13. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Exactly, the other day I was on north 75 and just past corinth exit there is a spot in the middle of north/south lanes where cops sit and a pickup had passed me and had to be going 90 plus when we passed the cop and I looked back to see if he was going to come get this guy and didn't. Couldn't believe it.

14. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Sadly they are offten looking for the triple digit speeders.

15. bigbonner

bigbonner 8 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I hate those drivers who pass you and swing in barely missing my drivers side front fender and the ones you get behind that is driving slow and when you go to pass them they speed up and stay right beside you . I also dislike those drivers who pass a slow moving car then swerves back in the slow lane to pass a car in the fast lane that is going a little better than the speed limit . They just don't seem to understand that passing on the right is not correct.

ojibwa62 and Ataulbe1 like this.