If you could go back to being a young man, what would you like to do?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Carl, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
  2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    The biggest thing I've learned as I get older is to not dwell on any of the regrets I have, even the painful ones.

Pain and mistakes makes us who we are. I'm not going to sit around wishing I would have turned left instead of right. Sure, I wonder what my life would be like if I'd chosen a different path, but I also realize how great my life is because I didn't choose that path, even if it would have been the "correct" one at the time. I regret not joining the Marines at 22, but realize I'd have never met my wife, or had my current children if I did.

3. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY

4. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    I know I made some poor choices as I grew up and may still make a few now. If I could go back there is things I would like to change bu don't think I would. Those choices I made and the consequences that came from them both good and bad are what made me the man I am today

xbokilla, Dark Cloud and barney like this.
  5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    It’s important to keep in mind that shoulda, woulda, coulda doesn’t always mean regrets. I’ve enjoyed this thread and it’s posts. As mentioned on here life is about choices. I can tell you one thing. I wouldn’t mind being younger again but if it meant going through HS and college all over then forget it! You’re hearing this from a lifelong educator. Would like to do some things over or differently but not school.

6. Oh man I’d love to do HS all over again knowing what I do know. Let’s just say a whole flock of gals I never gave a second look to cause the crowd said so would have hopefully got to know me lol. I’d love to do college over again too, especially summer parties on Murray State campus.

carnivore likes this.
  7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    It’s probably doing it my whole life is why I don’t want to do it over. When I retire I hope I’m not one of those people who substitutes all the time. If I need to do that I’ll just keep working and not retire. I was also really busy in college. I started coaching to get an early foot in the door and basically I coached year around .... for $1172...LOL! I did gain experience and did get a foot in the door so no REGERTS! :p

8. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Maybe been more consistent and dedicated to God's word and His directives of proclaiming the Word...thus leading people to God's salvation.

Moses was 80 when he was charged with leading Israel out of Egypt, so maybe there's still hope for me yet! LOL

xbokilla likes this.