Just what you don't want to happen

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by schuyler olt, Oct 17, 2003.

1. schuyler olt

schuyler olt 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2002
    Well, I'm back from the wilds of Colorado. Shot a 6X6 the second day that left a ten yard long bloodtrail then disappeared. A day and a half of meticulous searching both on foot and horseback yielded nothing. I'm still sick about it.

Aside from that-- a great trip. We hunted at about 9500 feet (pant, pant). I'm definitely ready to chase grouse now. We had a two mile walk uphill every morning to where we hunted--fortunately the temps were in the low twenties or mid teens in the morning so it helped keep the sweating down. Beautiful blue skies every day, afternoon temps in the low sixties. It was tough getting out of that sleeping bag in the morning though, since we were in tents. Everyone else got a bull, so there was plenty to celebrate.

I am now officially addicted to bugling.

2. RDL270

RDL270 Cyber-Hunter

Apr 14, 2003
    Fern Creek KY
    Welcome back Sky, that elk hunting gets in your blood. I know what you mean about the bugling. I couldn't make it this year, but I am heading back next year. Sorry about losing that 6x6. What part of CO were you hunting?