Kdfwr commissioners

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by riverview, Aug 30, 2018.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    The current attorney general is a corrupt communist so that kinda makes sense

Wampuscat and Feedman like this.
  2. fcfishking1

fcfishking1 6 pointer

Dec 11, 2017
    Louisville
    As I understand it, Frank Williams was not renewed due to term limits set by SB64. He served 3 years after being appointed to finish someone else's term and then was reappointed to his second term. SB 64 states no more than two terms, regardless of how they were chosen. He was not involved in any of the cover-ups, etc,....just a legal issue from what someone in the Dept told me.

3. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I think that is why he used to work for the AG. He didn’t like the liberal BS

4. mkat83

mkat83 Fawn

Feb 18, 2018
    Kentucky
    With the original nomination meeting for the 3rd district, were there only two folks (Rusty Gailor and Stuart Ray) who put their names forward? I assume the Governor did not wish to appoint either candidate. Is there typically much interest from folks in being nominated for the positions in the various districts?

5. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I don't know how hard it would be but I would like to see any Governor removed from the selection process. I would like to see the candidate with the most votes in that district get the job.

BowOnly likes this.
  6. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

I have a fear this is the prelude to a takeover of the department from the Department of Tourism. No movement that I am aware of on selecting a new commisioner, an interim from Tourism who is not a Sportsman, and now enough empty seats on the commission that the replacements would have a majority vote. And a Govenor who has a penchant for remaking boards and commissions in his own image. We need to be very, very vigilant.

utkpres and BowOnly like this.
  7. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008

My thoughts exactly. I worry about where it goes from here.

8. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008

I couldn't agree more, especially considering the spot we're in now.

9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    The libs have wanted to take over the Department for years and they may use this as their chance.

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    All over
    All because of an argument over some backyard creek ducks and a few bags of corn.

11. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

The appointments are made by the governor.

reivertom likes this.
  12. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Good, unless they wait to install permanent positions until they get another Democrat in office. I hope this isn't possible, but the Feds have done things like this.

13. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    That’s all we need libs running the Dept. Our tags and license will double. All the knob bobbers and illigals will get free tags, and you can’t kill the pretty does or spotted fawns anymore. Sheesh

14. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Kevin Bond? Is he still in there? Spoke to him about some stuff and he really went above and beyond to help me out. Seems like a really good guy. Anyone know anything about him?

15. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

The governor is the one who put the commission in this position and now he can appoint a majority membership along with having his tourism guy in as commissioner. He has shown a penchant for taking control of other government oversight boards, that's my concern. Hopefully the needs of sportsmen and not the needs of the tourism department remain the focus. All I'm saying is we need to pay attention.