ku vs. UK

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EdLongshanks, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:07 PM.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Who do you think wins? I like my team. Obviously this game means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things....but I'm wanting the good guys to pull off the upset. Let's go CAYutts

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    KU by 12. heard they're a 2 1/2 pt favorite. Cats just too green right now, trying to learn the system and where they fit in the system.

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    This one could go either way. Kansas has more experience

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    If they don’t defend and rebound better they’ll lose by 20. Every year, the same thing. Young and I️ experienced. Good for them to see a team as talented and more experienced. Go cats

5. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They’ve shown some improvements the last couple games,but boy do they have a way to go,no predictions but they’re gonna be in some ugly games ,early on.

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    The spread hasn't moved at all hardly and everyone is piling on Kansas. I think Vegas knows the cats are gonna put a beat down on these chumps.

The cats are young and I could see it getting ugly, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I like my team.

Does anyone else hate jay bilas and duke as much as I do? Its beyond annoying watching this side show.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM
    Dark Cloud and RLWEBB like this.
  7. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I think KU wins but hope to proven wrong. This game will be good experience for the cats though.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    KU is the 5 point favorite. Michigan State is the 1 point favorite over Duke.

I hope UK wins but I just don't know this early in the season.

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Agreed. My brother has convinced me that coach cal really doesn't care about these games at all. Yeah he obviously wants to win, but to lose would be water under the bridge come march. The cats are athletic and have serious depth, I'm just worried about shooting this year. Hopefully this young team can morph into something special between now and march.

10. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    I got a bad feeling we get blowed out. Hopefully I’m wrong.

11. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I ain’t skeered... Cats in a close one... win by 3.

We’ve been there before ... look like crap leading up to it... but somehow Cal has the ready to play. Which Kansas may have some more experience out there.... it’s early in the season for them too.

If we do loose... it will make them better.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  12. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I hated UK lost but they showed they can stay with one of the top teams in the country. If they was to play KU again this Saturday UK would win. Ever though they are a young team they are good enough and only have to play more games. Like I said, I hated they lost but I feel much better about the team than I did the first 2 games.

13. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I thought they done good considering the youth.Lack of hustle for the loose balls in the first half hurt em real bad.When they get it figured out ,they’ll be hard to handle.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  14. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I agree to that.

Which the way things were looking early in the game, I thought this was going to be a blowout.

I liked the fact they settled down and made it a game for the most part..... and if we had rebounded in the first half ....could have been a different outcome.

Hopefully this will bust a few ego's as well and aid in some adjustments.

The one thing though were short on is a go-to "shooter"....just not seeing it. Sorta thinking maybe the Vanderbilt kid if he ever gets released to play could add another dimension to the team.

Also think we need to see more of Winyard ....I thought he actually was a good physical presence inside. He just needs more playing time.

Overall.... it was a loss but no way a blowout.

15. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

It's been a long time since I've felt this good about a UK loss but I was really expecting a beat down. Cats played better than I thought and Kansas looked worse than I thought. I think the long arms of Kentucky caused them some problems.
    If these boys will stop beating their chest every time they make a basket maybe they can start playing the game.

bondhu and 1wildcatfan like this.