Later gun season!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mxcmxc, Dec 6, 2017.

1. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Only the ones that knew Chuck had a squirt gun:D

forager likes this.
  2. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    He can change his skin color to orange like a chameleon, he wears nothing !!

forager likes this.
  3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I find this useful when patrolling property lines. Also comes in handy to take out those fence line sitters stands.
    prepper farmer.jpg

4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

No you're not the only one. There are several elitist bow hunters out there who feel like the season dates should cater to them.

5. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Yeah December rifle would be a whole hell of a lot of fun. Freezing your ass if to get busted by one old doe...not. The OP must not have any clue about the deer population here, and that even now we are not killing the numbers we need in zone 1 and 2.
    Great for getting new hunters too...said nobody. Elitist bow hunters (like myself haha) already have early sempt where any goofball can kill a dumb summer booner, October-pretty much worthlesss, and most of December, which is nice but hard hunting.
    No rut rifle means the herd goes over the falls, nobody has any fun, and the one buck hunter continues to rule.
    F that

bondhu, Junglekat and Michigander like this.
  6. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    Some of you guys on here are are really something. I though forms where to post your opinions not bash and talk down on the poster just because you don’t agree with what they say. If you don’t agree that’s fine say no and why and be done with it. skip the personal remarks. Grow up and use the forem as intended.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You must have not been around here long. We see the same topic year after year from Bowhunters wanting guns out of rut but are not willing to give up that same timeframe.

RackedUP and Michigander like this.
  8. Michigander

Michigander 6 pointer

Dec 8, 2014
    Radcliff
    yep yep

9. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Show me where I made a personal remark.

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    What do you think would happen to harvest numbers? In what zones are you proposing this? What would happen to herd numbers and herd quality? What would happen to hunter participation? Just curious how you "think" these changes impact others and the herd.

11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I would like to see the season lengthened to 6 weeks of rifle hunt g

12. Dan99

Dan99 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2015
    Not sure why you'd want it to be shorter. It's already fairly short. Tennessee and Virginia's gun seasons, for example, are a month and a half long. Apparently this has yet to result in the extinction of white-tailed deer in those states.

13. coach&hunt

coach&hunt 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2013
    Kentucky
    Gun Season later stinks! I’m an Ohio native spent 6 days and seen only one buck in prime deer country. Basically those who want this just think there way of hunting deserves more time than others.

14. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    Nope not been on here that long guess you need to search before posting on here. Funny thing is I like to gun hunt everyone on here thinks the post is for bow hunters only. Like I’m aginst gun hunting. Lmao. All I was saying is push gun back a week or two so it’s not in prime time rut. Good lord you would think I said no gun hunting. Maybe let a few more mature bucks slip through the cracks for next year. don’t think that’s gonna kill the health of the deer herd. Just a mans opinion. Y’all got your panties in a bunch.

15. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    If there's plenty of deer and KY is ranking in the top 3 in the country in B&C entries then why wouldn't anyone want gun season during peak rut? After all, we are all out here trying to kill deer, right? If numbers were declining I could understand but the 2nd Saturday of Nov. has been gun opener since before I started hunting and our herd is superb.

Mxcmxc likes this.