Looking for hunt club......

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by TomE, Oct 18, 2016.

1. TomE

TomE Fawn

Oct 18, 2016
    I recently moved from Greenville, S.C. to Louisville. I left two very nice hunt clubs, one with 2,600 acres and the other with 7,500 acres. I am an avid hunter and QDMA member. I have taken the QDMA Deer Steward II course. I am looking for a nice hunt club in Kentucky, preferably no more than 1 1/2 hours from Louisville. I am not overly cost conscious, just want to find a good club with great members. Any ideas? Like many of you, my passion is hunting.

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Jefferson County Sportsmans club may scratch your itch. I know they have a waiting list but your skills may help. Look them up.

3. TomE

TomE Fawn

Oct 18, 2016
    Thank you so much. This is a good start.

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    Are there any actual hunt clubs in Ky? All the sportsman clubs that I hear of are just places to go shoot.

5. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville

Not %100 on this but i know you used to be able to bow hunt Ferncreek Sportsman club. Maybe still can?

6. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    I've never heard of of anything like the OP is talking about .

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    haven't heard of clubs in Ky. it's a big deal down south and up north.

8. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    The first rule of hunt club is...

9. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    Here it's more like groups of friends leasing land.

10. Gioacchino

Gioacchino 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2016
    Northern Kentucky
    Bob White Club, Pendleton County.
    It's a bit of a drive from Louisville, but maybe someone there could be good connection. There is a wait list for the Bob White Club.

11. Check out the Bluegrass Sportsmans League in Wilmore, KY (Jessimine Co.).

http://bgslinc.com/

I have been a member in the past. They have 1435 acres on the KY River. A world class sporting clays range. Rifle, pistol, air rifle, muzzle loader shooting competition, and training facilities. They are good people, great facilities, and have something for everyone. My only complaints with them were: They require a live range officer at every hot range. The RO's were good guys but were mostly retired gun enthusiasts and they were mostly bored and wanted to talk to me all the time and ask about my unusual guns or optics. I was coming to shoot precision rifle which for me takes focus and I value an empty quiet range and being left alone. I rarely found that at BGSL. I found it distracting. They were safety conscious in the extreme. This is not a bad thing. They had places to train your bird dog. Limited hunting opportunity for birds, squirrel or deer for members. They are a little pricey but the facilities made up for the cost. I dropped out due to them being too far away for me to get enough out of it (I was 90 min away). Also find your local chapter of Safari Club. They often have local hunts too.

Irish