Mathews halon 6

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Mr5shooter, Sep 6, 2016.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well I'm darn close to that, pull 70/29 but probably could do 30. My bows are fast but no way is my Monster near the 342 as advertised or my older Switchback near 320. I'll take precision over speed but it just always amazes me how speed drives sales and these bows aren't even near what they advertise.

2. Zforzachariah

Zforzachariah Spike

Jul 7, 2017
    East BumbleF
    On average, the "1 draw can manipulate 10' FPS.. so take that and the lightest arrow you can safely shoot and you probably add 20 fps easily.. Then you add your brace height. With the halon specs, 5" brace height is 20fps faster than 7" brace height but the 7" brace height is way more forgiving. SO if you had a 5' brace height, 30" draw and lightest arrow, there is your missing 30 fps. But from a hunting standpoint, its nearly impossible.

3. Monster01

Monster01 6 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    I had a mr6 and mr7 chillr drenalin z7 and zx7 and the halon is my favorite by far . My new favorite archery Target is wiffle golf balls . Oh and the chill r is a sob to tune that's why I got rid of it . I shot some sort of monster for a while prolly 4 years . The original halon blows them away. Haven't shot the new one yet .

Zforzachariah likes this.
  4. Zforzachariah

Zforzachariah Spike

Jul 7, 2017
    East BumbleF
    Update. Ended up getting the new Halon and holy smokes is it smooth. Best shooting bow I've shot and I have shot/owned a lot of them. Shooting close to 310 fps with 386grain arrow.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 6:59 AM
    xbokilla likes this.