Mid Weight Clothing

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by FowlmooD, Nov 7, 2016.

1. FowlmooD

FowlmooD 6 pointer

Aug 12, 2013
    I am looking for clothing suggestions. I wear the UA base layer and a scent lok jacket over that. Saturday morning on stand was a bit chilly but not cold. The problem is my arms get real cold. Almost to the point of shivering. Seems to be just my arms though. A cotton sweatshirt does not cut it.
    Any suggestions?

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Get rid of anything cotton, not an insulator. I like fleece or wool.

3. labwild

labwild 6 pointer

Jan 29, 2006
    Mercer Co., Ky.
    +++ on fleece. A vest or long sleeve top combined with wind blocking outer layer. A rain jacket could be used as the outer. Also keep your head warm!

4. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Ditch the compression stuff. You are compressing the blood vessels in your arms and hampering flow.

It is all about creating dead air space that your body can warm. An outer layer that is windproof to hold in the warm air and a mid layer to keep the outer layer off of your skin.

Fleece, wool sweater, army surplus poly-pros, etc. I wear the LWCW undershirt https://www.amazon.com/Military-Lightweight-Weather-Undershirt-Coyote/dp/B00BJO1UFU or a flannel shirt.

5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    I like midweight fleece pants and shirt. Then I wear bibs. Then a vest over that. I've found that I use a coat a lot less when I have warm vest available.