Monstrous buck

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by Probucktails, Nov 7, 2017.

1. KYKiller1

KYKiller1 Fawn

Jun 19, 2012
    Not to diminish the o.p. but that deer was killed last year during archery. It was still in velvet when killed here in Bell county. Scored 172" if I remember correctly.

2. Probucktails

Probucktails Fawn

Oct 9, 2016
    BG, ky
    It could’ve been. A friend showed me this and he’s always got monsters on cam and gets one every year.

3. KYKiller1

KYKiller1 Fawn

Jun 19, 2012
    the deer was about 130" roughly when I found the shed. I only found its right side. Asked my buddy who showed me the pic if he knew where it was killed and he said turkey creek outside of Pineville KY (Same exact location I found the shed) . It was cool to see how much that deer grew over the few years As I had forgot about the deer. It lived on a park boundary and I never did hunt it because I had run ins with the park ranger there and I was always weary about messing around on the park border. I would say that deer was 3 based on the shed I found which would put him at 6 1/2 when he was killed. The pics you got were from the year before in 2015 when he was probably 5 1/2. Jimmy Rose did the taxidermy job on it if you go to his fb page he would probably send you pics. I don't have fb so I don't know for sure.

4. KYKiller1

KYKiller1 Fawn

Jun 19, 2012
    I'm not trying to call you out or anything so please don't take it the wrong way. Just saying that deer was 100% percent killed last year.

5. Probucktails

Probucktails Fawn

Oct 9, 2016
    BG, ky
    I don't have FB either but would like to see pics if anybody has some. If their aren't any pics never happened lol

6. aaronc

aaronc 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    hat the truth.

LOLOL,....ain't that the truth. Dead or alive I enjoyed the pics.

barney likes this.
  7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I actually thought this was fake at first. What a deer!

8. elkaholic

elkaholic 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    That's an elk, not a deer. WOW

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    You are not the only one. It looked photoshopped almost.

10. RKF11

RKF11 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2010
    Southeastern KY
    I’m with Kykiller on this one.
    When I first saw this post other day I showed it to my wife and she said “u got that pic on your phone in your pictures” lol.
    It is a bell county deer and the trail cam pic isn’t photo shopped. Trail cam pic was from 2 years ago actually. Killed last year in velvet by Jordan Turner.
    It was mounted by Jimmy Rose Taxidermy. It went down in size from the pic but still an incredible deer.
    I got the pic from a guy that missed it with a crossbow.....twice lol.

11. RKF11

RKF11 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2010
    Southeastern KY
    Here it is

Attached Files:

12. RKF11

RKF11 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2010
    Southeastern KY
    Another one

Attached Files:

13. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    If that's the same deer he lost a ton!!!! Lost several tines, length, and a lot of width!!

14. bigbonner

bigbonner 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    That's Rudolph with his nose cover on ;)

Just hope a car doesn't get him first good luck.

15. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I agree. I wouldn't think it's the same deer without the story and that odd tine on the right side.