Morning suprise

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by riverboss, Apr 12, 2019.

1. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Sitting on the couch this morning getting ready to put my shoe's on, I had let my decoy dog out and he was laying on the porch!
    I heard him start raising hell and figured he saw a deer over the hill, so I didn't get up. A few minutes later he's still going at it! I got up and walked out on the porch and he had a coyote bayed in the front yard.
    I keep a 22 rifle in my Jeep so I walked out about 30 yrds past it and unlocked my Jeep got the gun and shot it.
    It ran down the hill so I went and put some shoes and a shirt on and went looking for it.
    I found it had ran about 50 yrds before dieing.

Attached Files:

elkaholic and Munson like this.
  2. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Don’t get no better. Good job.

3. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Good results, but i would prefer more rifle such as an AR 15 or similiar.

4. straightup

straightup Fawn

Jan 22, 2009
    northern ky
    Congradulations boss, doesn't matter on the rifle. a dead yote is a dead yote..

elkaholic likes this.
  5. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Hatsan and I would prefer you shoot him at night with an air rifle, but ………………………….congrats on the dead yote !!! My favorite kind !!

6. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Dang good dog you got there. Mine bayed a pup one time next to my out building so I gave it a tap on the head. Next night the pack come back and worked my dog over pretty good. I guess it would have been a good time for one of those high powered night time air rifles. :D She barks from the porch now till I go out with a weapon.