My Claustrophobia was tested

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, May 18, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    We got re routed due to a bad accident and had to take a hwy I had never been on. It was an awesome Hwy for a bit , at least till we got into the mountains . We had to go through three separate tunnels. The last one was fine it had two lane of traffic going the same way . But the first two had on coming traffic routed through it including big rigs. It was just a tad freaky and got my heart thumping.. it might not have been that bad but I was driving A uhaul and pulling a car hauler which added to my anxiety. If you do street view you see we exited one and right into another .

https://maps.app.goo.gl/KMhXr4GgLhst7b7a9

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Lol. Go spelunking (caving) sometime and it will really set in!

EC and TripleGee like this.
  3. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I’ve never been claustrophobic ... which is a good thing considering the trade I’ve been in the last 30+ years.

From working in crawl spaces, chases, manholes and tunnel systems... never once bothered me. Which at MSU... we’ve got approximately a mile of underground steam tunnel & branches. I’ve been through every inch of it more times than I care to admit. Roughly 5ft diameter concrete chase ... enter in at our steam plant.... come out roughly 2 blocks away on the other side of campus. Which a lot of our storm tunnels are the same way... enter on 16th street.... come out on the other side of hwy 121 past our stadium.

Honestly hard for me to fathom someone that’s claustrophobic... especially if it’s a close space or a driving tunnel. But I know it makes some uncomfortable.... just never been like that. Heck the stuff that does bother me is all above ground.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    I am claustrophobic as well. Got stuck in an elevator with about 12 other guys as a teenager. Got stuck in an elevator at UK with a couple people in the middle of the night.

There is absolutely no way I could go spelunking. Nope, nope, nope.

Driving to Florida one year we hit traffic in Atlanta I think. After an hour of not moving and being in a strange city I was getting antsy.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  5. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    Worst I ever had was in one of the old school MRI machines.

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Don't bother me but I could very well see someone freak out in one of them.

7. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I don't mind tight spaces . The only thing I did not like as a kids was being held down while wrestling with my bigger brothers.
    That is what big brothers are for . I staked my younger brother out Indian style one day . I will never forget it and from my view it was funny as heck.
    I also hog tied a young workhand up one time and left him in the barn for a while before I told another boy to check on him and turn him loose . We was always picking at each other , all in fun and someone telling me I could not do it.

8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    DUDE! I can't even watch that on TV:eek:

I have seen a few vids of guys crawling in and not being able to turn around and get back out , just stay stuck till they die.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    JDMiller likes this.
  9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    The first two were the worst , especially when you see that 18 wheeler heading directly towards you mid ways through and you think this tunnel isn't big enough for both of us..

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

On a pucker factor of 1 to 10 I bet you were at least a 9.. :eek::D

ojibwa62 likes this.
  11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    When I was younger, I went a few times with a group and got to see some cool stuff. However, there was this one time where we crawled through like this narrow area where you couldn’t even raise your head up without hitting it for like 100 yds before the cave opened up and I was like, “I might crawl through that one more time to get the heck out of here but then never again!”

ojibwa62 likes this.
  12. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Sounds like you need a trip to the gorge. Go in the snakey holler entry so you'll be sure to go thru nada tunnel;) after that go hike to "the fat man squeeze" lol :D

ojibwa62 likes this.
  13. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    I had to be removed from an MRI started freaking out a few years ago, refuse to ever get one again, I'll just die instead..

14. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Yeah I was in one when I was a teenager. Sounds like a jackhammer in there with ya

15. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Since no one else is going to ask . What happens if you get a erection while in a MRI machine.
    I have never been in one but they tell me you ware ear muff and most close their eyes . So what happens when most men close their eyes . Yep pretty girls :)

ojibwa62 likes this.