Need a Gunsmith

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by gates, Oct 17, 2003.

1. gates

gates 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2002
    Morgantown, KY, USA.
    I need a good gunsmith to work on the trigger pull on my Rem 700 and my Ruger #1. Does anyone recommend a good gunsmith in Bowling Green/ Cnetral KY area. Both guns are stock. The Rem 700 has a hard spot and the No1 is smooth but heavy.

Thanks,
    James

2. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    I checked the other day, and I could not find a single gunsmith in Bowling Green.

The guys at J&M gunshop that used to be on Russelville Road moved it somewhere near Glasgow. If u find one, please post it. Thanks.

Ps To save u time, there is no gunsmith at The Firing Line, the Polaris dealer that has a lot of outdoor equipment, nor at Rack's outdoors unless I was told wrong.

3. Basswipe

Basswipe 8 pointer

Aug 7, 2002
    E\'town.
    Not exactly in your area, but Gary Romans at Firearms Service center in Louisville is one of the best around. I've had him do work for me several times and I've always been pleased.

4. hillbilly2163

hillbilly2163 Banned

Aug 19, 2003
    guy name of bishop in haywood. outside of glasgow.

is on mathews mille rd.

glshub@nctc.com

5. gates

gates 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2002
    Morgantown, KY, USA.
  6. RDL270

RDL270 Cyber-Hunter

Apr 14, 2003
    Fern Creek KY
    I agree with Basswipe, Gary Roman is one of the best around.

7. MontyM

MontyM Fawn

Sep 18, 2003
    Frankfort, Ky, USA.
    I just took my 7mm mag to Firearms Service center to have the trigger adjusted and it is perfect now. $40.00. Can't beat it. They also fixed my shotgun trigger assembly that I screwed up putting it back together. Great place.

"You can't grill it till you kill it"
    Ted Nugent

8. DARKCLOUD

DARKCLOUD 6 pointer

Oct 5, 2003
    LIBERTY, KY, USA.
    JUST USED A GUNSMITH FROM SOMERSET FOR SOME SHOTGUN REPAIRS HE DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB HIS NAME IS DON JOHNSON 606-4235085