Need help... At war with beavers.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by wkybayouhunter, Jun 14, 2016.

1. wkybayouhunter

wkybayouhunter Fawn

Oct 13, 2009
    I'm hoping someone out there in the Livingston County area can help me. I've been at war with the Beavers on our property for two years. They have completely made half of my property inaccessible and had taken down hundreds of tree's. I keep blowing but and digging out their dams but I'm pretty sure they have them built back by the time I load the truck up.

Would anyone be willing to volunteer their trapping services to help me get rid of these nuisances? I'm losing my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Unless you find a trapper real close I doubt you will have anyone interested unless you pay, your best bet is to buy you a half dozen of 330 conibears and take up a little trapping yourself there's plenty of videos on YouTube to get you started might cost you a little but not as much as the timber they are cutting down

3. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    trapping is your best bet..Buy a few 330's(330's are easiest for a new trapper to catch beaver with), watch some video,learn how to set them and your beaver problem will go away fast

4. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    War on beavers is a constant battle

5. littleboots

littleboots 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2008
    You need to find you a trapper i have a constant battle but after a serious trapper worked the farm this winter lot easier to deal with. Warning there is a season on trapping them

6. peckprice

peckprice 6 pointer

Feb 7, 2005
    Manchester, KY
    You can trap the Beavers, but there is a process that must be followed. Contact your CO and/or your biologist and they can point you in the right direction.

7. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    If you get the 330's don't forget the setters. You will probably need them.

8. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    one thing you need to do first.

if you get some 330s find someone to show you how to set them. they are simple as for as the workings, but they are pretty dangerous if your not careful.

9. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    Almost forgot the most important thing. Get a safety device for the 330's. Do not trust the hooks on the springs. Put the safety device on as soon as you set the trap and make sure that removing the safety device is the last thing you do to the trap when you place it and are ready to leave the site.

10. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    And if your not into trapping I've always had luck sitting on the bank with a .22 right before dark

bdbrown66 likes this.