Need Referal for Prairie Dog hunt

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by BODAB1, Dec 22, 2016.

1. BODAB1

BODAB1 Spike

Apr 13, 2012
    Planning a hunt for this spring or summer. Need referral for a reliable outfitter. Open for any state.

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Toby Johnson, Big Horn Wyoming (outside of Sheridan). 307-751-1315

we shot with him twice. but he doesn't really guide for them. we were pronghorn hunting with him and asked if he knew where we could shoot some. he made a few calls and hooked us up. i wish i would have asked for the second ranchers phone number. 1800 acre ranch between Casper and Sheridan, 400 acres was prairie dog town. these has not been hunted and would pop up close by. i bet for 50-$100 trespass fee, he would have let you shoot as long as you wanted. little boogers eat all the grass (and there's not much to start with). i can find the ranch on google earth, need to figure out how to identify the owner. another time out there, my son and i saw a prairie dog town from one of the back roads we were driving, knocked on the ranchers door and he turned my son loose for no fee. helps to have a cute polite kid with you. :)

when i was looking for a pd hunt, a name i was referred to was Wynn Condit, wycon safaris. http://www.wyconsafariinc.com/ never spoke to him or know anything about him. the referral came from another outfitter.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Gooch likes this.
  3. BODAB1

BODAB1 Spike

Apr 13, 2012
    Thanks....Ed