New crossbow news

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by KYBOY, Jun 20, 2018.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2018
    mkat83 likes this.
  2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    In my opinion its good news and I like the way its structured.... as the most I ever wished for was closing the gap on the two segments of crossbow season.

But being gun shy from the 2005-2006 crossbow adventures ..... I'd feel a little better when its out of the LRC / ARC.

aceoky and KYBOY like this.
  3. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Yea, man that was a cluster wasn't it? Ill be glad when its finally done.

aceoky likes this.
  4. Docwaters

Docwaters 6 pointer

Sep 27, 2013
    Prospect
    I am not a xbow hunter, but I am happy to see this. Regardless of weapon, we need more hunters!

KYBOY likes this.
  5. countryboy3006

countryboy3006 Spike

Jan 28, 2015
    Northern KY
    I'm not a crossbow hunter but I think these changes are good.

KYBOY likes this.
  6. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Dang it!!! I sold my xbow 2 years ago because I couldn't use it in early November.

7. glad to hear,cant wait till it happens .We need more hunters

rlb165 likes this.
  8. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    I personally choose to hunt only with a longbow, but that is of my own choosing, and I don’t think I’m any better or worse than the next guy who makes their own choices. So this change doesn’t mean much to me other than my grandson may go with me more now. He hunts a little and a crossbow is all he has ever used.

Docwaters, Nock, rlb165 and 4 others like this.
  9. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I think that is the simple attitude hunters need to take,

10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I've always said just hunt with what you want and stop worrying about what other hunters use. There's no need for outdoorsman to fight amongst ourselves. There's folks out there that don't want us to hunt at all that we can fight with

aceoky, PUBLIC RAT, jem44357 and 5 others like this.
  11. Zforzachariah

Zforzachariah Spike

Jul 7, 2017
    East BumbleF
    I'm glad to see it pass. My dad was in a unfortunate hunting accident and lost his eye. He had always used compound bows but has to now shoot a crossbow. It was aggravating knowing he couldn't use it in Sept.

rlb165 and hoene like this.
  12. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    He could have gotten disability approval and used it anyway. It’s easy, print it off, doctor signs, carry it with you.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  13. hunter15270

hunter15270 Fawn

Mar 7, 2016
    I too am glad to see these changes . I had an accident at work a few years ago breaking both of the bones in my wrist , I had to have a plate put in to hold the bones until they grew back together . I have not even attempted to draw my bow since then and am pretty certain that I would not be able to shoot it without severely smacking my forearm "IF" I could even hold my bow back long enough to take the shot . I bought a crossbow 2 yrs ago and have not been able to go during the crossbow season because it is the peak season at my work and is impossible to get off work to go . I knew that I could get an exemption from my doctor but I didn't , perhaps now I will get back into hunting with more than just my rifle . I also had no idea that crossbow season consisted of 3 weeks in October .

14. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I can't pull a bow back any more and bought a cross bow several years ago. I have not hunted the last couple years with it because I don't feel comfortable with it. That being said I am glad to see the season expanded but why not make it all of archery season as they almost did anyway?

Docwaters likes this.
  15. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    They still have to appease a few organizations

hoene likes this.