New crossbow news

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by KYBOY, Jun 20, 2018.

1. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    During the first go around in 2005-2006..... one of the opposing views from Jim Strader and the bow groups was velvet bucks.

Being they thought if crossbow opened the same as regular archery.....Ky would be covered up with non-residents coming here to shoot all our velvet bucks with crossbows.

Needless to say..... the crossbow season through the “compromise” agreement was set October 1st...... and the non-residents still came...lol.

Which considering what we went through back then..... a proposed 3rd Saturday of September crossbow opener ...no split segments...closes with archery in January.... kids under 16 can hunt with a crossbow September 1st..... its exceeded my expectations. I sure wont complain about a few weeks.

Just hope its finally approved and brings some resolve to this subject.

2. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Me to so we can get on with the Ky 2 buck limit :D

Feedman likes this.
  3. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    I'm in a crowd waiting to go in for jury duty, and this made me LOL enough for people to give me strange looks.

bondhu likes this.
  4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    My understanding..... as an attempt to improve harvest data... the two buck limit will only apply to those using Rage broadheads.

That way if they stumble across the carcass of the first buck they shot & lost ....while looking for the second... they can check both in at the same time.

5. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    The Tin Foil Mansion
    Couldn't have said it any better myself!