New to Kentucky hunting

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by rutnbuk, Jul 12, 2017.

1. rutnbuk

rutnbuk Fawn

Jul 11, 2017
    Mayseville
    Hello, my wife and I are new to Kentucky and Kentucky hunting. I have hunted since I was a little boy. Wife started hunting after she met me. I have created a monster! I have hunted in Ohio, Canada, Florida, Illinois, and for the last decade or more South Carolina. My wife and I are more into archery than any other form of hunting. I also enjoy trapping. Unfortunately, careers and location don't afford us the luxury of spending a lot of time in the woods. We are looking forward to seeing what Kentucky has to offer. So far the people have been amazing. I look forward to reading about your hunts, seeing your pictures, and hopefully, posting a few of my own.

2. Smokin9mm

Smokin9mm 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2014
    Lexington
    Welcome from another noob to KY

rutnbuk likes this.
  3. Dwherz

Dwherz Fawn

Jul 11, 2017
    USA
    Welcome Rutnbuk!

rutnbuk likes this.
  4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
  5. rutnbuk

rutnbuk Fawn

Jul 11, 2017
    Mayseville
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to being able to visit this September and seeing what's walking around. Plus work, lots and lots of work on the land.

6. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Welcome to KY Hunting. Keep a thick skin around these jokers and you'll do fine:)

rutnbuk likes this.
  7. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    Welcome. What county have you moved to?

8. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 8 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    Welcome to Kentucky and good luck on your hunting this season. Look forward to seeing success pictures from you and your wife. You have already accomplished a lot getting her to hunt, mine wouldn't even discuss no such.