New to North Hopkins County

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by jpd2atl, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Just moved here from Georgia and bought 42 wooded acres in the Hanson/Manitou area. I would like to talk with hunters/landowners in the North Hopkins area for informational purposes. I am really into QDM and enjoy the planting of foodplots and putting out mineral licks almost as much as the actual hunting. I am orginally from Ashland in Boyd County.<font color="blue"></font id="blue">

Plant it and they will come!

Paul Downs

2. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jpd2atl</i>
    <br />Just moved here from Georgia and bought 42 wooded acres in the Hanson/Manitou area. I would like to talk with hunters/landowners in the North Hopkins area for informational purposes. I am really into QDM and enjoy the planting of foodplots and putting out mineral licks almost as much as the actual hunting. I am orginally from Ashland in Boyd County.<font color="blue"></font id="blue">

Paul Downs
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Paul,
    Welcome to Hopkins County. Here's a good contact for you, this is your wildlife biologist.

Counties: Henderson, Hopkins, McLean, Muhlenberg, Union, Webster

Eric Williams

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

625 Hospital Drive

Madisonville, KY 42431

WK: 270/824-7045

ewilliams@vci.net

[​IMG]

The Kentucky Conservation Officers' Association

3. Thanks I really appreciate the info !!!!!!!

Paul Downs

4. KyHorse

KyHorse BBBC Members

Jul 29, 2003
    Henderson, KY, USA.
    Paul,
    I lived in Madisonville and hunted the Hanson/Manitou area for years. I currently live in Henderson, but still drive back home to hunt. Currently hunt a farm outside of Hanson now. Where in the Manitou area did you buy your 40? Familiar with Wolf Hollow Road? Hwy 630? The Manitou area has traditionally always produced some good dear. I know of several P&Y, B&C class deer killed in that area. You can shoot me a personal email to chat about anything you like. Welcome to the area.

5. N2MyWake

N2MyWake 10 pointer

Nov 26, 2003
    Kentucky, USA.
    Welcome Pual and hello KYHorse.

I grew up on the Webster/Hopkins county border, I live south of Bowling Green now but I travel back to Webster for my deer hunting.

KYHorse I'm familiar with your area. My parents live off of hwy 630 on 120 toward Providence.

Western Kentucky Boy

6. I'm just about 2 miles from 630 in the Antioch/Buntin Area.

Paul Downs