Nice common

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by whitleycotrapper, Jul 14, 2014.

1. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    After a long night and morning of bass fishing we broke out the bow and decided to try and shoot a few bed raiders. As my buddy was getting the bow out when we saw the first muddy spot on the bank that carp swam out and under the boat before he got everything ready. He missed that opportunity on what I think would have been a 40-50 lb fish. A little more cruising down the bank with the trolling motor and we found a big carp mouth down on a bass bed with several small bass darting all around biting and swatting at it. My shot was a little off but luckily held and we boated this big common. Weighed it when we got home and it was 28lbs even. First big one Ive shot in a while. Had another opportunity at one just as big that my buddy (new bowfisher) missed twice before it decided to leave the bed it was eating. Hope to go back soon as we saw a bunch of big carp that I think would be up in the shade during the heat of the day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Nice fish. Long as it holds don't matter where you stickem. Haven't shot a common in a long time. Some reason you don't see them much anymore here on the river.

3. patiodadio

patiodadio 8 pointer

Mar 22, 2014
    Ever try smoking carp ?

4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I tried it once but couldn't keep it lit.

5. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    Never tried smoking one but it might be good. that ones meat was really red! I give them to my pastor at church and he cuts them up for catfish bait.

6. LondonBoys

LondonBoys Fawn

Nov 16, 2013
    Laurel
    We have smoked them, fried them, and made jerky from them. Cant say anyway is good.