Night hunting for coyotes with a air gun .

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by hatsan125sniper, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    But that would be just you!

I wish Ky F@W would open yr round hunting 24 hrs a day for Cape Buffalo's
    And a 17 WSM, really it's all you need I can tell you from my yrs of experience with the 17 it will drop them stone dead at 1000 yrds.
    All I need to get this done is to get all you guys on board! So who's in?

Capttrae and DH13 like this.
  2. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    But nobody cares. How you don't see that yet is beyond me

Capttrae, EdLongshanks and riverboss like this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’ve had a complete change of heart. I seriously love your posts. :p Did you say “100 percent chance?” Love it. I’ll gladly join your glorious crusade....if it means I don’t actually have to do anything.

hatsan125sniper likes this.
  4. This photo shows a 9 shot buck shot at 200 yards This is a legal shot to use for coyotes at night . How many people think a 22 cal pellet from a air gun would do this to the board at 200 yards ? Which would you rather get hit my a 9 shot 00 buck shot or a 22 cal pellet from a air gun at 200 yards ? If you picked the air gun you live if you picked the 00 34 cal 60 grain per pellet going 1325 fps your dead . A 00 buck shot pellet weights 60 grains and is .34 " and its doing 1325 fps thats over 170 fpe where the 22 cal air gun pellet is 20 fpe . At 200 yards the 00 .34 pellet still has over 60 fpe left while the 22 caliber airgun has .29 fpe

With over 90 fpe and you get hit your dead . With a air gun pellet thats .29 fpe not even 1/2 a fpe you might feel it but I doubt it A fly hitting you at full speed would hurt worse .

The F& W people say the 22 cal air gun is not safe because its fires single projectile at 929 fps . using a 18 grain pellet , but some how a 00 buck fired from a 20 gauge that has 9 60 grain .34 caliber pellets going 1325 fps is safe ? How could this be ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  5. Thanks you don't have to do a thing . Just hope we can make it legal to hunt coyotes at night with a air gun and night vision attack to the scope so we can go out and silently kill a bunch of coyotes .

6. Smokin9mm

Smokin9mm 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2014
    Lexington
    Well you were prolly annoying the hell out of him and he just wanted you out his courtroom. No offense man but just from reading your lengthy posts ( Ok I confess, I get about two sentences into most of them.. ) you remind me of some hairy pitted lesbo trying to push some peace on earth BS. I can see you are very passionate about this subject but good god man, take a breath every once in a while...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    riverboss, Capttrae and EdLongshanks like this.
  7. Maybe not for the bunch thats on here now but when new people sign in that want to hunt with air guns they might just care .
    Maybe some people might want to see just how much more dangerous hunting coyotes at night with shot gun using a F shot (which is the same size if a 22 caliber pellet but contain 27 to 39 of the 22 caliber pellets coming out of the barrel at the same time at a much higher fps than a air gun ) shot and bigger really is and just how far away that shot can kill someone . compared to a 22 caliber coming out of a air gun which is not allowed .

Here is whats beyond me Meathead is you know what I'm talking about in the thread ,you say you don't care but yet you keep clicking on the thread and making comments . Makes no sense to me at all .

This thread is obviously not for you but maybe now that you know the shot gun loads from a #2 shot and bigger are without a doubt more dangerous than a single pellet coming from a airgun using lets say a .177 caliber up to a 30 caliber .

Maybe when I start my poll you will be on the side to allow air guns to be used at night now that you know they are far safer than the shotgun .

Once I show the ballistics from the different shots sizes from the shot gun I will show everyone without a doubt that when a #2 shot or bigger is used every pellet that is coming out of the gun is going faster and is going to travel through the air longer than any air gun pellet would . Just because the pellets are not being fired from a rifled barrel doesn't make them have any less fpe (FT LB Energy ) than a pellet fired from a rifle barrel it just makes them less accurate and thats the only difference .

8. buck shot 9 pellet 100 yd.jpg Watch is video it shows a 00 buck shot from 15 yards out to 200 yards away and what it can do to a board . And remember a 00 buck shot is legal to use at night for coyote hunting . but no caliber of air gun is because they say its more dangerous which is a total lie . and I'm going to prove to you its a lie .
    The 00 buck shot went complete through the board at 50 yards with a 3 foot group so once the pellets reach 50 yards more than likely only 1 out of 9 is going to hit a coyote the other 8 are going to kill you out to 200 yards if you happen to be behind the coyote . This is not the case with a 22 cal air gun .

The 00 buck shot went complete through the board at 100 yards . If you people think a 22 caliber pellet will go through this board at 100 yards then you are wrong .

Lets take a quick poll . How many people still think a air gun using a 22 caliber pellet is more dangerous than a 00 buck shot at any range ?

The buck shot has a 6 foot spread once they have traveled 100 yards .

9. For the life of me I can't figure out why you would keep clicking on my thread after you did it once but to do it again and again without adding anything helpful is beyond me . But I'm glad you did . I just hope there is no on forcing you to click on my thread and they are making you read it . This thread is for people who might care about night hunting coyotes at night with a air gun . I was hoping the title I made would kind of give people a idea what the thread was about before they clicked on it . but apparently not . I'll see if I can come yp with a better title that would keep people like yourself from clicking on it and making useless comments like the one you just made . I would have to agree A hairy pitted lesbo is a pretty bad image . But I'm not going to judge them if thats what they like then more power to them . Unlike you I'm not going to go to one of there peace on earth forums and make useless comments and talk about how bad it is .

I really just want to be able to take my safe and quiet 22 caliber air gun out and shot coyotes at night .

. And I'm just showing people they are far safer than any shot gun loaded with say BB size shots and bigger .

And maybe once people see that they are they might agree it would be a good way to hunt coyotes at might .

And your right the judge did want me out , I made charts and every thing .

I know I'm not the best when it comes to explaining things but at least I'm trying . If I could get just a few people calling and asking the F&W to make it a legal weapon to use for coyotes at night ,that would be better than nothing . Maybe not this group of people thats here on the forum now but many new members that do like to shoot air guns will comment and help me try to make a change in the weapons used . Hunting at night for coyotes with a air gun and a night vision setup on the scope is really addictive . For night vision all you need is something like this guy is using . A 50 yard setup is all you need .

10. Then start your own thread make a title that would let people know thats what you want. This thread is about using a air gun to hunt coyotes at night not Buffalo's . Do a search on this forum for Buffalo's you might find something .

It might be just me right now with is bunch but remember new hunters are joining the forum every day and some of them might like to hunt coyotes at night with a air gun . This thread is for them not you . So if you could restrain from making useless comments in the future that would be great . You know what this thread is about by now I hope .

11. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    WOW!!
    Are you transgender? You sound like a girl that I dated!! She just never could get a hint.

12. Here's a hint Stop posting on my Thread you dumb ass !!! Did you understand that ? Did you get the hint ? I don't want you here . Please don't click or post on my thread again . Please go away . This Thread is for people that want to hunt with a airgun . This is my thread that I started and I'm asking you to never click on and make a comment in it . Don't be like your old transgender girl friend take the hint .

13. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
  14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    It annoys you. It wears on you. Beats you down. Before you know it...you can’t help but appreciate and enjoy it.

Meatstick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.