Not from this planet, but wants to hunt

Discussion in 'Fish & Wildlife Questions' started by shaman, Aug 9, 2017.

1. shaman

shaman 8 pointer

Jul 20, 2004
    Neave, KY, USA.
    At this point, the curiosity is purely academic, but I thought I'd ask nonetheless.

Let's say you have a co-worker from China or Belgium or Mexico. He's coming to work for a while at your plant and has heard about all your great hunting experiences in Kentucky.

Can he pay for a non-resident license and tags and hunt?

2. jfiscus

jfiscus 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2013
    Kenton County
    I would say so. Not sure if the process/fee would be any more trouble, but it is doable. Similar to taking a trip to Africa to take a Safari hunt.

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    How would he get a gun? Borrow one? It may be hard to run a background check on him if he were to try an purchase a gun

4. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    There may be some legit way for non citizens to purchase them. I say this because I have heard of Japanese citizens that came to KY to work in Toyota as managment that when it was time for them to go back home after being here for several years they had to sell there firearms because they can not take the back to Japan. One would like to assume that they were accuired legitimately.

5. shaman

shaman 8 pointer

Jul 20, 2004
    Neave, KY, USA.
    I don't think firearm access would be a problem. We'd probably loan one from camp, and probably guide the fellow.

The reason I'm asking this is we frequently get guys coming from all over the globe into our factory. Sometimes they're here for a day, but sometimes they stay for 6 months or more. I had a fellow come from China back in the spring. He was incredulous that the government would let me hunt deer and turkey on my own property. I showed him my weblog (see my signature) . He went back and told all his friends. I just wanted to figure out how hard it would be for a visitor to hunt out of our camp.

Similarly, I've talked to Germans and Dutch that I've met up with. They are appalled at how easily we can get firearms and how little it takes for us to hunt. To hunt in a lot of European countries takes years of instruction, membership in a club (because that's where you keep your firearm) and a whole lot of governmental rigamoral. For instance, if you were only licenced to hunt whitetail deer, you couldn't own a 7mm Rem Mag, because that would be deemed innappropriate.

I figure if one of these fellows rubs me the right way one of these days, I may offer him the chance to visit camp and see how real red-blooded Americans get-r-done.

Capttrae, KY Swamp Beagler and bondhu like this.
  6. bondhu

bondhu 8 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    I was working in Germany for 2 weeks in 2014 and every day some one would come to me and ask about owning guns and hunting. The funniest thing is they are confused on WHY and why so many guns. And it threw me off because I realized there are people who can not defend freedom. Now I know if the government rolls in on us we have no match for there power. But just knowing I can die fighting, to me is true freedom.
    One tool maker over there has a beagle and he wanted to see him hunt. So he signed his dog up at this hunting club and it took 3 years before the rabbit hunt took place. And he was not allowed to shoot just his dog handler.
    It was a 2-3 day party food, drinks and friends to hunt 1 day. The shooters wear a big hunting outfit like little lord foneroy and a big sparklie medallion because you are Jagermiester (master hunter) . Its really funny.

7. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
  8. shaman

shaman 8 pointer

Jul 20, 2004
    Neave, KY, USA.
    Yes, that's the program I was thinking of. A guy could hunt with us for one season and then go home. If he wants to make a habit of it, he'll have to take Hunter Ed and come back with a card.