Not speaking for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by KYDUCK, Jan 6, 2003.

1. KYDUCK

KYDUCK Fawn

Dec 16, 2001
    Versailles, KY, USA.
    I don't understand why the Cyberhunters and UBK should have so much of a say so in the decision to season dates and regs.It just seems to me that the majority of the hunters in this state aren't members of either organization.We all either buy our liscense over the phone off of the net or at a local vendor.It is all done by computer.Why couldn't each person be polled when they purchase hunting and fishing liscense.Looks like it would be a better view of what the average hunter wants.
    Just my opinion
    KYDUCK

2. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    Where is the presumption they have so much say so for season dates and regs?

However it is easy to see how people united for common good would have a louder voice than individuals standing alone. That's why Washington DC is filled with lobbyist from groups just like CyberHunters and ARA and AARP and the list goes on. For the state to conduct a poll would cost them money and time. Honestly they don't want our opinion. They want us to be blissfully ignorant hunters accepting what ever is handed to us. (Does your Senator ever send you a poll on how you want him to vote?) That is where proactive groups step in and using the combined efforts of many who all have bits of time to donate or money make their opinions known. Thus making it harder for the politicians to act alone and say blanket statements like everyone we researched felt this was a good plan.

KYDUCK I can see how standing alone you feel like a group of cooperating individuals might have a more powerfull say so over 1 individual. If you want your voice to be herd equally I suggest either buying megaphone or joining a group that amplifies your concerns.

3. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    KYDFWR just got done conducting a deer/turkey poll, and Cyberhunters is doing one now. Your welcome to fill one of the Cyberhunters surveys out if you want. The Dept. survey is sent to 13,500 hunters from the Dept. license data base. It's designed to be a certain % of the deer/turkey hunting tag buyers. Other than that, you'll have to rely on the system thats been in place for years-call your Commission rep. and voice your opinion. Few sportsman ever do this, so we're told.

Cyberhunters has as much input as does any other member of the LKS. we have a vote on any resolution submitted, just as UBK or any other sports group that wants to join the League. Cyberhunters nor UBK shouldn't be a threat to your point of view. Both are made up of dedicated sportsman who seek to be involved in the decision making process. Both groups only do what their members ask them to support.

Anyone interested in filling out the Hunters Survey that people gave input on, please drop me an e-mail at: Big58cal@earthlink.net

4. KYDUCK

KYDUCK Fawn

Dec 16, 2001
    Versailles, KY, USA.
    Shogan I never said I had any concerns.I only made a suggestion nothing more or nothing less.I feel like I can at least do that even though I am only ONE voice.As for my comment about Cyberhunters and UBK I used those two as a reference because they are the primary groups you hear on this site.I meant no offense to either group.
    KYDUCK
    Joey Cheek

5. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Joey, Befoe the deer/turkey survey that was recently completed by the Dept. Tey had a small game survey. This distribution was very small, compared to the deer/turkey survet. Only 3000 or so were mailed out, and that included both hunters and landowners that may allow hunting. Does that seem like a good polling of the general populus of hunters??? At the last Commission meeting severl changes to the season structure were based on this survey. With the help of Cyberhunters, and lots of calls to the Commissionors, the changes were put on hold for another year.
    I agree that polling a larger number or all of the sportsman would be better. The Dept. polls are scientific and should show the same results had they polled the whole license buying public. Who knows???

6. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    Sorry!

Where was my head!

7. ez

ez 8 pointer

as you have done here............if you never speak out, your voice ( print ) will never be heard...........you may turn some heads and change some minds............ez

8. Big58cal

Big58cal 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    KY
    I know where your head was shogan. The same place it usually is! [:D] Nothin' but love for ya'!!!![:D][:D]

KYDUCK, I think it basically boils down to if people call their commissioners. If they don't, and they don't belong to any hunting organizations, then whatever they may feel isn't going to get heard if it isn't voiced. Your opinion on things probably carries more weight than does a lot of the outdoor organizations if you call the commissioner directly. Think about it, if you talk to someone, they can feel your compassion and your desire for what you are talking about. If you voice your opinion to an organization you belong to, all they can do is go and tell the commissioners, "X amount of our members are in favor of this". They can't sense how everyone actually "feels" about the subject.

Now, don't totally discount being a member in an organization though. A lot of people deal with numbers. If you call someone to voice your opinion, they may be like, "Yeah, OK. I'll look into it." And that may be it. This same person may think twice and pay attention when someone stands up at a meeting and says "X amount of our members are in favor of this".

Looks like people need to be doing what quite a few people have been saying all along...........Join an organization, Voice your opinion, and Call your Commissioner!

9. Grandpa always said 'The squeaky wheel gets the grease'. There's a lot of truth to that. If ya don't speak out nobody will hear what you think about a situation so they will probably do whatever they want.

I usually speak out when I should keep my mouth shut but that's a whole other topic.[:I][:I]

10. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    KYDUCK, and LANDGUY I would like to invite you to join the Cyper Hunters at this time we're a wild bunch of guys but we mean well.