Notre Dame Cathedral in flames

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Apr 15, 2019.

1. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I have been in several of those big cathedrals and there was no fire supression in any of them.
    They look like they are all marble, but there's a lot of wood in there, especially the roof.
    It could happen in any of them.

2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    If you have an 850 year old building that you intend on keeping with no fire suppression....you are dudster stupid.

3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I went though a lot in Europe and don't remember seeing any. Remember back in 1992 there was a fire at Windsor Castle where the Queen lives when not in London? That fire cost close to 40 million British pounds to repair.

4. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Sad day for art/history. I'm not religious but she's a historic piece of work to be certain. My $$ says the Brotherhood until proven different. I watched it unfold today on the news.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  5. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Today on Fox news 2 different people that were in France being interviewed tried to bring up the possibility of Muslim terrorism. Once on Shepherd Smith,..once on Neil Cavuto. BOTH times they were shut down immediately and were silenced...Off the air. Before the 2nd one was disconnected he was starting to reference things like feces being smeared on crosses at other churches etc....general vandalism. Seen that myself.

6. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    EdLongshanks likes this.
  7. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    They could have caught a Muslim setting the blaze and the "PC" crowd would cover for him. There were Islamic nutjobs celebrating as they watched it burn. France is never going to recover from the invasion.

JR in KY and EdLongshanks like this.
  8. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    I watched that on Cavuto. He cut the interview immediately. Never seen that before.

JR in KY and aaronc like this.
  9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    True , they worship a man who claimed to be a god, a man who is long dead. Our God is alive, the tomb is empty..

10. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Paris is treating like an accident, of course they are.:rolleyes:

The fire is still warm there has been no investigation yet!

11. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Coincidence?

============================

Fire breaks out on Temple Mount during Notre-Dame blaze
    Small fire reported on Jerusalem's Temple Mount Monday. Authorities say blaze has been extinguished.

Arutz Sheva Staff, 16/04/19 12:55

[​IMG]
    Mosques built atop Temple Mount

A small fire broke out on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem on Monday, authorities said Tuesday afternoon.

The fire broke out at a guard's booth on the Temple Mount, though Israeli police emphasize that the blaze was "quickly extinguished" and the site is currently open.

The blaze broke out on Monday evening around the same time as Paris's Notre-Dame cathedral burned, police said.

Israeli police said that the cause of the fire had yet to be determined, and that an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the fire had been launched.

The Jordan-based Waqf, or Islamic trust, which administers the Temple Mount claimed that the fire burned a guard's room above what is known as the Marwani prayer room.

The Waqf claimed that the fire was caused by youths playing with fire, without providing further details

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/261929

12. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    They say they will rebuild , But why and for what reason?

To glorify God or to make themselves feel good and get a pat on the back?

Because if you get down to it God doesn't care about a building, we are the church.

Maybe we should just contemplate the chared ruins for a while..

RLWEBB and EdLongshanks like this.
  13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I agree.