Officers' Magazine

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Finn209, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    The Kentucky Conservation Officers' Association is now able to offer yearly subscriptions to their magazine.

<center>[​IMG]</center>

So if you would like to support your wildlife & boating officers' association and be able to read the stories written by the officers and see the pictures of poachers getting caught, while getting info on seasons, limits, and seeing questions answered plain and simple straight from the officers, then just send a $ 16.00 check or money order made out to "GWD" (Game Warden Diaries) send it to the officers' association at this address.

<center>K. C. O. A.
    7213 Nashville Road
    Adairville, KY 42202
    </center>

<center>1-800-603-8149</center>

Subscribe & Support your Ky Wildlife & Boating Officers and the many good causes that their Association supports with magazine proceeds such as - Sending Needy Kids to Conservation Camp - God's Great Outdoors Youth Hunting & Fishing Events - Handicap Children Outdoor Fishing & Horseback Riding Groups - Funding Public Schools Archery Programs - Other Youth Hunting & Fishing Events - FOP Shop with a Cop - Kosair Children's Hospital - And More

The Officers' Magazine is a Biannual Magazine with Spring & Fall Editions

Magazine Editor
    Officer Jeff Finn
    Finn209@yahoo.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Sounds like interesting reading...thanks. What happened to Officer Bryant??

[​IMG]

3. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EC</i>
    <br />Sounds like interesting reading...thanks. What happened to Officer Bryant??

[​IMG]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

here's the original news release on Officer Bryant -

NEWS RELEASE
    From KY Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Resources
    &lt;&lt;...OLE_Obj...&gt;&gt;

May 20, 2003

For more information contact: Colonel David Casey
    (800) 858-1549

For Immediate Release:

Kentucky Wildlife and Boating Officer Douglas W. Bryant, 62, was killed on
    Monday, May 19, 2003 while attempting to stop a fleeing vehicle on
    Interstate 75 just south of Cincinnati. Officer Bryant was a 14-year
    veteran of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. Officer
    Bryant lived in Villa Hills with his wife Cheryl and daughter Kiana. Officer
    Bryant was assigned to Kenton County and routinely patrolled the waterways
    in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Area. Officer Bryant loved working the
    water and was well respected by boaters in that area.

As a respected boat accident investigator Officer Bryant was often called
    upon by fellow officers for guidance in accident investigations. He
    testified on numerous occasions as an expert witness regarding accident
    investigations. Officer Bryant was involved in the investigation of every
    major boating accident in the Northern Kentucky area since 1990.

Colonel David Casey of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife,
    Division of Law Enforcement said "We are saddened and shocked by the loss of
    Doug. Our hearts go out to Cheryl and Kiana and the rest of the family and
    friends of Officer Bryant. The Hunters, Fishermen, Boaters and Citizens of
    the State of Kentucky have truly lost a fine officer and public servant."

Officer Bryant previously worked as a schoolteacher and for approximately
    five years as an officer with the Bromley Police Department. Former Chief
    Art Esters of the Bromley Police Department said, "Doug was a dedicated
    officer and a good friend".

The details of the death of Officer Bryant are being investigated by the
    Fort Mitchell Police Department.

[​IMG]

4. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    i had the honor of meeting officer Bob Banker before a loser fisherman slob took his life...even donated $$$ we raised from a 3D shoot for his family...
    i look up to these guys with the utmost respect...

Finn can you get me a few back copies im very interested in ordering this publication..

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may be hunting a place to live"

5. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RutNBuck</i>
    <br />i had the honor of meeting officer Bob Banker before a loser fisherman slob took his life...even donated $$$ we raised from a 3D shoot for his family...
    i look up to these guys with the utmost respect...

Finn can you get me a few back copies im very interested in ordering this publication..

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may be hunting a place to live"

Thanks RutNBuck,
    The magazine is fairly new. The second issue is the one with Officer Bryant on the cover and it's just now being printed and still won't be out for a few weeks. I may be able to get you a copy of it when it comes out. Anyone who subscribes now will get their first magazine starting with the spring issue. I don't have a copy of the first issue that I can sell, but if you would just like to read thru one, I can mail you a copy to read and then you mail it back to me in a week or two........maybe just stick a buck or two in it to cover my postage. If you'd like to do that, just email me your mailing address to

Finn209@yahoo.com

[​IMG]

6. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    ps.......thanks for what you did for the Banker family..........I worked one county away from him........and got to work with him a couple of times..........he was a fine officer, husband, and dad

[​IMG]

7. Martin175

Martin175 Fawn

Nov 4, 2003
    Stanton, KY, USA.
    Twice a year, boy thats rough. Something like that should be a monthly thing. I always love to hear a good war story. I'll be a definite subscriber.

Martin.

Skin that'un pilgrim and I'll get ye another'n.

8. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Martin175</i>
    <br />Twice a year, boy thats rough. Something like that should be a monthly thing. I always love to hear a good war story. I'll be a definite subscriber.

Martin.

Thanks Martin..........ps..........are you sure that these local coyotes and beavers aren't calling you back?..........[:D].........Jeff

[​IMG]

9. Martin175

Martin175 Fawn

Nov 4, 2003
    Stanton, KY, USA.
    Ok Jeff, you figured me out. lol. Actually when I graduate, I am going to take a little time off (January?) and do some major trapping. I'll probably also use that vacation to get back down to the flat lands and see some of my old buddies. As much as I hated being away from home, I really miss my old stomping grounds now. Martin.