Owensboro outdoor stores/pro shops?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Hammer, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    Are there any outdoor shops/archery pro shops in Owensboro? I have to be up there several times in the next few weeks and would like to check them out if I have free time. Thanks.

2. RDL270

RDL270 Cyber-Hunter

Apr 14, 2003
    Fern Creek KY
    there's a good gun shop there I've always wanted to check out. I believe its called Whitakers.... and dont forget to go to moonlight bbq..........!!!!!

3. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    I'm familiar with Whitaker's, and you're right, it's an AWESOME place, but looking for something in Owensboro. Thanks!

4. RDL270

RDL270 Cyber-Hunter

Apr 14, 2003
    Fern Creek KY
    Aren't they located in or near Owensboro?

5. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Nancy, KY.
    There used to be something just off the last exit of the bypass going west, I think that is Parrish and it was across the road and back toward the by-pass from Moonlite Barbecue ( All my directions regarding Owensboro are...where it's at from Moonlite )

6. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

There is a good place just a little south of there in Frankfort called Gilberts guns, They do 6 month same as cash financing.

7. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    Sportsmans headquarters on Crabtree st. is the best archery shop in town. Tracy is the owner and he does a terrific job, and he knows his stuff. Anytime I need anything for my bow I go to him. Stop in sometime, I am sure you will be pleased.

Matt Goetz
    >>------->
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
    > >> > > Ernest Hemingway

8. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Xi Bowhunter</i>
    <br />. is the best archery shop in town. Tracy is the owner and he does a terrific job, and he knows his stuff. Anytime I need anything for my bow I go to him. Stop in sometime, I am sure you will be pleased.

Matt Goetz
    &gt;&gt;-------&gt;
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
    &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Ernest Hemingway
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Sportsmans headquarters on Crabtree st That where i go, and im from Henderson, 30miles away. Fine fella and very good at what he does!

what u get out, is what u put in

9. Sirhuntsalot

Sirhuntsalot 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2002
    Henderson, Ky., USA.
    I agree on Sportsmans. The place is not the neatest or cleanest place I have ever been in but Tracy knows his stuff and has good prices on his bows. He goes out of his way in helping you with any problems. Infact he has done things for me before and not even charged me. I'm also from Henderson and it's worth the drive for me.

10. shawndeer

shawndeer Fawn

Sep 13, 2003
    Sportsmans is the place if your looking at archery equip.I worked for Tracy for three years. Its true not the cleanest but the best.

11. coyotecaller

coyotecaller 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2003
    calhoun, ky.
    frank miller & son on crabtree just past prestuners cycle shop. ask for chris miller knows his stuff on bows. use him for lots of different stuff, hunted with him to.