Past and future

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by mudhole crossing, Jan 5, 2018.

1. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    just wanted to reflect some memories here. I grew up as a teenager learning to hunt squirrel, rabbit, coon, and an occasional grouse hunt with my cousin. Never had been deer hunting or turkey hunting until mid 90's. After all my dad has taught me and given me everything he could. I have to say I taught him the basics of deer and turkey hunting and now we have a ball!! We both agree turkey hunting is our fav!! Don't get me wrong. We love to hunt deer too, but turkey hunting as a pair is satisfying. And morel hunting is a fav as well. Last few years we've found about all the mushrooms we can handle. I'm just happy to be able to enjoy the outdoors with my dad. He's 71 and it's still a hunting buddy and getting a great senger. He's s passion is coon hunting but turkey is his 2nd fav is deer then turkey. I have a 9 yr old son that killed his first squirrel, deer, and turkey by my side and his papaws. 2018 I hope instores his first buck.

2. rabbit dawg

rabbit dawg 6 pointer

Mar 9, 2010
    That's great. I wish my dad could still hunt with me but I still have the memories of when he did.

JR PORTER and mudhole crossing like this.
  3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Enjoy that time while you can,it don’t last forever

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Mudhole my story is very similar. My Dad is 75 and my hunting buddy. I grew up hunting squirrels, grouse and shot an occasional rabbit. Then mostly fished. Never deer or turkey hunted til I was in my mid 20s in the late 90s. I love to hunt but love that time with dad in the woods more.

5. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    Enjoy it all you can and make all the memories you can with both your dad and your son. All I have left of hunting with my dad are memories. He taught me alot about hunting and the outdoors. After he passed I get out in the woods and remember those times and wish he were still here to enjoy them with me. I am now trying g to pass on all that I have learned to my grandson. He is only 3 but is more than willing to learn and go to the woods everytime I do.