Pelosi: Gun control ‘will be a priority’ in next House

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EC, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:01 AM.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Remember...nothing is happening.

====================================

Pelosi: Gun control ‘will be a priority’ in next House
    By Tal Axelrod - 11/08/18 10:38 PM EST 1,469

[​IMG]
    © Getty Images
    House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who plans to return as Speaker in the next Congress, declared Thursday that gun control will be a priority under the newly elected Democratic majority.

“I do believe, because in this Congress…there is bipartisan legislation to have common sense background checks to prevent guns going into the wrong hands. It doesn’t cover everything, but it will save many lives,” Pelosi said on CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time" as the nation grapples with its latest mass shooting.

“This will be a priority for us going into the next Congress,” she added.

Pelosi noted that Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) refused to bring such legislation to the floor under his speakership, saying he did so because he knew it would actually pass.

The comments come a day after a mass shooting at a California bar killed 12 people.

Public talk of various gun control measures, ranging from universal background checks to an assault weapons ban, has grown in recent months following several high-profile mass shootings and a groundswell of activism from younger voters.

Pelosi cited such public support when asked if any legislation passed in the Democrat-controlled House will be accepted in the Republican-controlled Senate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/415863-pelosi-gun-control-will-be-a-priority-in-next-house

2. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    And the Real Aim is to fill up Duster's warehouse.

3. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Ever notice Democrats are always trying to control someone or something? Gun control is actually people control. They cannot help but want to make all your decisions. Half the country actually loves the fact someone else does the thinking for them.

bondhu, davers and EC like this.
  4. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    They can have mine! All they have to do us come take em!
    Of course we will have to make sure they are functioning correctly!

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    Waco
    "F" it I am getting close to the breaking point can't take these people anymore, stealing elections trying to take our guns and violate our constitutional rights at every turn.. We can't win with our ideas maybe it is time to wash the streets with blood..

EC likes this.
  6. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    Waco
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

7. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Democrat Objectives as I see them. There are more but these relate to how they will try and change the Constitution.
    1. Limit gun ownership
    2. Outlaw hate speech
    3. Give Illegals more rights
    4. Make it easier to impeach
    5. Eliminate Electoral College

EC likes this.
  8. davers

davers 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I agree.....PEOPLE CONTROL...... All the gun control laws, starting with the '68 GCA, none of them worked. It's time to repeal them all!! Criminals and "Nut Cases" will still obtain them. These Gun Control Laws ONLY affect/punish, the law abiding gun owners.

9. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    6. Eliminate the United States (They tell you what they want in their chants. "No Trump. No walls. No USA at all")

10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    My opinion is this is what they want. Then China, Russia and the rest of South American can just stroll in for the 'mop up'.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  11. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    Waco
    You are correct sir the left wants Chaos..