Picked up another Lake to try

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Duster, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Working the past couple days in the Graham area at Bryant lake campground. Owned by 3 brothers. Two of them invited me out to fish whenever I wanted. No cover what so ever I could see just bare banks where someone has ran a jet ski around it a lot. I would guess the lake is near 50 acres in size. One brother told me he caught a 10 lb largemouth there last summer but other than some stocked channel cats has no idea what else lives in there being the lake is near 30 years old. I do know there are a ton of Canada geese live there and some of the weirdest ducks I ever seen....LOL. Most look to be Mallard cross with something with a lot of white on them. We ate lunch under a shelter that runs out into the lake and I was tossing cheese crackers to them and must at one time had 100 waiting their turn. Thought about my water swatting friends and how they would have been able to get limits with one shot. Or even saved shell's with just a large dipnet.... :D

Happy Camper likes this.
  2. KyHillyBilly

KyHillyBilly 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2013
    Sounds like a nice lake to fish. I'm sucker for finesse baits, and that's what I would try.