Pocket knives and its importance

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Billy02, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Billy02

Billy02 Fawn

May 18, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
  2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    richief and rabbit dawg like this.
  3. wv67

wv67 8 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Older cases and Timers and little bucks the only knives I use and a Barlow hawk bill

4. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    I found a new favorite pocket clip, folder. It’s a chinese made Spyderco tenacious @ around $50. Impressive being from China, well made. They are getting good i guess. Sharpens easy and cuts great.

5. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I have a bunch of good pocket knives that I am afraid to carry in my COW farming chores, because I know I will lay it down and lose it.
    I carry junk lock back knives to cut strings on hay, scraping mud or grease or just anything. I lose it, ok grab another junk one.

I'm still pissed about losing my favorite KBar about 20 years ago.
    It's a delimina .

barney likes this.
  6. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Losing a good knife, or breaking a blade on a good one is the sickest feeling ever..

bigbonner and EdLongshanks like this.
  7. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    Swiss Army Officer model. Best knife I have ever had. Been carrying it for over 30 years. It has done everything from helping me get layed to fixing a M1A1 tank one time.

8. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 8 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    I like a Case Canoe, big enough to do the job, small enough to carry and not know its there.

9. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 8 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    1924974D-D0C4-4271-AFAC-C05B1A46B200.jpeg

I have broken the tip off a good knife one time and that feeling taught me a quick lesson and will never put a knife in a situation like that again. Although recently I dropped my knife off the wagon and I lost that dang emblem which doesn’t affect the knife but that really pisses me off. I also carry a Leatherman and use that thing daily because it’s right there on my belt and quick

dirtstalker and barney like this.
  10. LOL, I would like to hear the rest of that story. Can't recall ever needing a knife to get laid. I lost my favorite knife a few years ago. I was squirrel hunting and had my knife out treading a grey onto my game clip and then I stabbed it into the nearest tree until I was done messing with the squirrel. This was the last shot of the day and I hike out of the woods about a mile and then proceeded to load all of my gear into the truck. Then it hit me, I did not have my knife. It just happened that I had dropped a locator pin onto the digital map on my cell where this particular little stand of hickories lay in Fleming Co. I was able to walk unaided to within about 100y of the tree but since I had killed this squirrel off of the beaten path, it all sort of looks alike. I used the map pin to lead me to within about 50 ft of the tree and then after a short search recovered that knife. My current fav is a Kalashnikov AK74 automatic spring assist folder. It has the best blade of any knife I have ever owned. The blade is AUS-8 steel with the rear half of the blade serrated. I think it is made by Boker. This knife was designed by Dietmar Pohl of Pohl Force .

11. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I’m sixty seven,and since I was sixteen,I’ve had either a cass xx ,or a tree brand biker in my pocket,a three blade stockman or a four blade congress.Best usable knives made

barney likes this.
  12. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    Ever been parking with a city girl in the middle of a corn field late at night and get caught without a cork screw for the vino. I say not me fine sir, Swiss Army Officer pocket knife to the rescue.

13. LOL, this is why I brought Boone's Farm Apple onto the Basketball bus in HS. Twist off cap. Even a Freshman could score with the captain of the cheer squad with a little Boone's Farm.

14. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I don't understand why these accounts aren't blocked or closed. It's clearly setup to sell worthless junk.