Polypropolene

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by shogan, Jan 6, 2003.

1. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    A sign of getting older looking for warmer clothing.

Has anyone tried polypropolene clothing be it outer wear or long underwear? If so what are your thought plus or minus.

Thanks

2. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    All polyester long underwear does work. The first time I used them years ago I was wearing the old kind of rain suit that made you sweat and had stuck my hand into my shirt pocket, it was socking wet with sweat BUT I never knew it because my entire body was dry and warm. It had taken the sweat off my skin and put it to my outerwear. Ever since that day that is the only kind of underwear I buy. There are several different brands and weights. Get the Bass Pro and Cabel's catalogs and read up on each one to pick out the one s you will need. I have several different weights for different weather and temp and if I'm going to be on stand all day or walking.

3. RTC

RTC 6 pointer

Dec 31, 2002
    I used it when I did a lot of whitewater canoeing in the winter time. But that was 20 years ago and I can't remember where I got it at...LOL.
    (they say the memory and eyesight go first...I guess it's time for me)
    But I do remember that it is a definate plus!

4. Ky Headhunter

Ky Headhunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Peach Grove, Ky, USA.
    Got some polypro longjohns for Christmas, with a layer of fleece on the outside. Really like them.

Have used polypropylene liner socks for a few years, really helps keep feet dry & warm (wicks sweat away).

Beats the heck out of cotton.

5. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    where's the best place to get this stuff

6. harpp

harpp 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2002
    Rineyville, Ky, USA.
    Wore polyPro long johns and gortex top and bottoms in Yugo with the Army. Would get down below zero and never once got to cold I couldn't stand it

paul harp

7. KY_Xcutter

KY_Xcutter 6 pointer

Feb 20, 2002
    I've used poly pro for the past two years now and i love it I got mine at the army surplus store on fort knox. You can get the same ones out of Cabela's But I think they cost more.