Post Ky Elk Guide or Hunt Area Information Needed Here

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by GSP, Aug 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Will4852

Will4852 Fawn

May 19, 2017
    Western ky
    I was drawn for a cow archery tag this year. Would like some info on places to look into for a diy or info on some guides.

2. tnbrownfish

tnbrownfish Fawn

Apr 3, 2017
    East TN
    One thing to tell you I was drawn in 2015 cow tag while talking to people I found out the elk have fine tuned to the sound of a atv and they get out of dodge when they hear one. One man told me he saw elk hear a atv that was over 1/2 mile away and they left the area they were feeding. You might think hard about a guide and I know that is good money to spend but it might be the best and if you were drawn for gun season the season is short I think. But if you can call John Hast at Kentucky Game and Fish he is one really nice guy and he might be able to help you out. Also if you are a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation call and see if you can get some help from a member or someone in leadership and if you are not a member join RMEF. It was the RMEF that put up the money for the elk I was blessed to take my son ( 9 at the time and now 29 and in USAF hopefully on his way back from the desert as I type this ) we saw the largest release at that time over 150 elk near Hazard,KY. Anyway try that and if you do not get what you need send me a message and I will try and get you a guide near Hazard but I am not sure of the cost.
    Thanks I hope this is a little help.
    If you must know one thing make sure that you are 100% sure you know Jesus as your Lord and savior.
    Thanks
    DT in E TN
    Eph.3:20

3. Bill Dowd

Bill Dowd Fawn

May 13, 2017
    Corbin, KY
    I drew Straight Creek LEA. Anyone have information?

4. At Full Draw

At Full Draw Fawn

Sep 13, 2016
    Bill Dowd PM sent

5. kentuckybuck

kentuckybuck Fawn

Sep 1, 2016
    Hey, I was fortunate enough to draw bull tag week 1 firearm. I did not however have any luck with Lea's or preferred voucher. Looking at trying to DIY , but land is hard to find to hunt that is not already leased, lea, voucher, etc. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks.