Poults

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Feedman, May 13, 2017.

1. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Has anyone seen any poults yet. It is getting about time for some to start showing up.

2. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    I fear for our 2017 hatch.

3. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

I haven't seen any yet. Things are pretty grown up and they'd be hard to see unless you stepped on 'em. I did see a hen with poults on the last weekend of spring season in '16 so I'm sure there are a few on the ground. I'm with Turk, it's been a wet cool May to this point. Hope that turns around or 2019 may be kinda quiet.

4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I was just thinking about this yesterday. Weather has been terrible so far but by the looks of the forecast the wet weather may be over. Hope so anyway. I had a great season but it was an unusual one in many aspects. Hopefully this year's hatch will be good and 2019 will have lots of eager two year olds.

5. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    My wife saw some yesterday. And I did today.

6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I saw a hen yesterday close to the road an next to the tree line. She had her wings out like she was covering poults

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Had a hen in the backyard yesterday with one little one following her around. Just the single little one make me think it was not a good year for a hatch.

8. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Makes me think that coon or possum missed one.

9. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    I saw 2 separate hens yesterday with some.
    one hen had around 10 with her and the other as close as I could tell was around 5. both groups were about the size of a quail.

10. gds

gds 6 pointer

Jan 2, 2005
    NORTHERN KY.
    I've been watching a hen behind my house for the last three weeks, she comes out about 8am feeds around a little then disappears till evening and then does the same thing. I'm pretty sure she's setting on eggs some where close by. It's been a wet spring , I hope she's able to hatch a bunch .