Predator camo

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by childersb24, Feb 6, 2017.

1. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    Is predator camo worth the money? I know I can get mossy oak or realtree a little cheaper but I like the predator for something different. Guess it's just a personal preference thing.

2. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    Probably not.

I have some Gen 1 Predator in both Winter (gray) and Fall (tan). Also had some green but wore that out. Several other makers made something similar (ASAT, Sky-something). It is a great macro pattern that makes you disappear at a distance.

But, as I have gotten older, I realize that I prefer the leafy-flage style for the 3D effect. And truth be known, sitting completely still and downwind in blue jeans and a Pink Floyd T Shirt works almost as well.

3. bondhu

bondhu 8 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Could not agree more,except mine is a AC/DC shirt. I buy camo more for the industries than the hunt. I like quality and a end of season deal.But not concerned if l match or not. If you look at Mr. Fudd camo was not his problem,underestimating the rabbit was. So if you can afford it buy it ,if not it's a small piece of the puzzle.

4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I believe that it is worth it. I use the deception patterns as well as the spring green patterns. I like them much better than mossy oak or realtree. I believe that those patterns are made to catch a hunters eye whereas predator actually breaks up your outline. Predator has really started developing some better garments over the last few years. If your looking to buy some check out various websites that sell it a little cheaper such as individual sellers on archery talk. ASAT also does a great job of breaking up your outline. I really like the Sitka camo patterns and garments as well.

5. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    I ordered me some spring green camo yesterday. Thanks for the replies